Part 33

„I'm telling you one last time Daniel, get away from me!", Ev said in a really loud tone pushing Daniel as far away from her as possible.

When she had to be tough she was tough.

"If it wasn't because of you I wouldn't be here!", she shouted with tears streaming down her face.
Daniel didn't know how to react. He had never experienced Everleigh this way.

But Everleigh was hurt. She didn't know how act.

The person she really trusted and felt safe with. The person who didn't belong to her family and still got a place with her cousins, yes she liked him almost as much as she liked her cousins. He had betrayed her. And she didn't know how to deal with betrayal.

"You didn't even let me explain...", Daniel said in his usual silent voice. He was sad. He had just lost his best friend.

"Because I don't want to hear your stupid explanation.", she answered him with the coldest voice ever.

Everleigh wanted to tell him a lot of other things. Things that would've hurt him a lot. But she didn't even get the chance.

Right after, a man entered the room. He took Ev by her arm and dragged her out.

As much as she hated being around Daniel right now, she would much rather be there than around the witch who tried to teach her shit.

Daniel soon realized that.

He jumped on the man and held his throat. By this surprise the man let go of Ev. She didn't know what to do. What Daniel was doing made no sense to her.

He couldn't even hold half of the man's throat with his tiny hand so, what was he doing!?

All of a sudden the man started panicking and jumping around as if something was hurting him.

Everleigh just stood there enjoying this amusing moment. She couldn't have done anything anyway because of her kryptonite bracelet.

Then 5 maybe 6 men bursted in.

They separated the two little kids and brought Everleigh to one of these scary dark rooms she hates. Really, she hates them. Because usually nothing good happens in them.

They leave her there waiting for the woman, who's name was Kate. The woman who had made her life a living hell.

Then she arrived.

"So, so. I heard you made some trouble with your mate."

"Yes, b- but I swear I didn't tell him to do it. I- I...
Listen I'm sorry, this won't happen again but please don't punish me.", Everleigh nervously told Kate. She was scared of the things she could do to her. Like this time she always had tears in her eyes while talking to Kate.

"Oh, stop crying and come here dumbass.", she annoyingly said.

"Here take this.", she said handing Ev a knife.

Everleigh quickly wiped her tears away and confusingly took it, while Kate put something that looked like a shining headband on and got a random man into the room.

"Cut up your hand surface."

Kate said it as if it was no big deal. As if she hadn't just told Everleigh to harm herself.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Do it."

"But- uh, my bracelet..."

This was the only excuse Everleigh could find at the time. But she knew this wouldn't help her for a long time. Eventually it didn't. Because right after she said this Kate took her hand and ripped that bracelet of her.

"Go on!"

"A-alright..."

But she couldn't bare herself to do it. She kept hesitating, I mean it was normal for a kid not to want to hurt herself.

"Ugh, give me this."

Kate snatched the knife out of Ev's hand and cut her herself. She did it fast. Without a warning before doing it.

"Ahhh!", Everleigh cried out.

"Now kill him. Kill him with your pain."

Everleigh didn't want to. She didn't want to hurt someone. Specially not kill. Her mother had taught her this.

And remember Everleigh, if you hit someone make sure it's just hard enough to knock them out, not to kill them. We're not the ones to decide who lives or dies.- Kara always used to tell her.

She kept shaking her head in pain.

Yet by that reaction Kate lost her patience.

"If you don't do what I tell you to do I'll kill your whole family."

Her family...

Ev closed her eyes.

Suddenly the man started screaming in pain. Becoming louder by every minute. His pain growing with every second that passed.
And even though he was the one in more pain, Everleigh was also screaming. It was also hurting her. This was her new power. And she had already started hating it.

Afterwards everything went quiet. And there were two people laying on the floor. A man and a little girl. Just, one of was dead.