Part 23

Kara's pov

Today I woke up at 8 o'clock, which is actually really early for me for a weekend morning. I look to my left and then to my right, where Everleigh is laying. Oh... she sleeps so peaceful, it's almost hurtful to wake her up. Seeing her lay there with her brown hair all over her face reminds me so much of when he used to lay there...they so much alike...
Stop it Kara,you can't cry now,not in front of Everleigh.
I walk to her side of the bed.
"Time to wake up Ev!"
She grunts as she puts her blanket away and goes straight to her room, so I go down the stairs to the kitchen to us some breakfast. I'll just prepare some pancakes, it's her favorite.
I take out all the ingredients and start preparing everything. Flour, milk, eggs....Everleigh, what's she doing so long in her room? I should go see what she's doing.
I walk up the stairs turn to the right and Open her door. For real? She's still asleep?
"Ev, didn't I tell you to wake up?" I tell her quite annoyed. She has to start listening to me again, I'm her mother! Since Mon-el went away, she's been behaving badly and I'm not liking her attitude. She doesn't listen to me, screams at me, locks herself up in her room... it's just not how she used to behave.
"Ughhh"
I walk towards her as she turns to the other side and tries to keep sleeping.
" please go away mom!" She grounts.
I carry her out the bed.
"Uh uh, I told you to wake up!" I tell her having her over my shoulder. As I put her down she starts screaming at me.
"Why do you always have to annoy me, can't you leave me alone for once!?"
Wow... I didn't know she thought about me this way...
I'm super surprised at this, but I'm even more surprised when she slams the door to my face! And then I hear her whimper... oh...
" Ev open the door please-" I say wanting to see what's wrong, I mean, everything was ok yesterday!
To hear water flow calms me down, but I'm still worried about her...
'I probably should wait here for her' I tell myself sitting down on the floor.
I wait.
And wait.
And wait.
Until I hear the doorbell ring. I wonder who it could be this early. I look at my watch.
9:15 A.M.
quickly I run down the stairs and open the door.
"Lena!"
"Hey Kara!"
" Hey auntie Kara!"
What's she doing here, I mean, not that I'm not happy that she's here, but she usually doesn't come this early.
I look down at Leon and then up to her.
"How comes you're here this early?" Her look turns confused, which memes me confused!
"I thought I had to come and take Everleigh with with me cause you had to do something urgent. Ev told me this like half an hour ago over the phone." She says entering the house. That's what she was doing in the restroom the whole time! Why is she doing all this? Quickly I stump up the stairs and once arrived in front of the bathroom door I start knocking at it. I've never been so mad at her before I mean she's also never really done this before...
„Everleigh open the door now!"
No answer.
"I swear I'll ground you for two weeks and that includes not going to your dance lessons!"
I hear footsteps from the stairs.
"Kara, is everything ok? Can I help you with something?"
"No Lena, it's ok. She's just having a little attitude, nothing more." I say holding my right hand on my forehead. I'm more than stressed! If I can't even deal with one child alone, how will I be able to deal with two!? Inhale and exhale Kara, you have to get through this.
"Hey, let me help you." Lena says as I step back.
"Hey Ev here's aunt Lena, can you let me in please?" She says near the door. Surprisingly now Everleigh opens the door. It hurts to see how she listens more to Lena than to me.
"Come in." She tells Lena.  I don't know what to do, she obviously didn't want me to go in. I don't know why she's mad at me, I don't understand why she's acting this way! I wish Mon el was here... Everything was so much easier with him...
I look down at my stomach. Maybe it won't go this way with this baby.
So I wait like an hour until both of them come out. Everleigh immediately goes to her room and Lena walks up to me. She weakly smiles.
"What did she tell you?" I ask.
"She thought  you were fault at what happened to Mon el, she thinks you could've stopped it. She told me she didn't say anything before because she didn't want to make you feel bad."
That's what I was scared of. She shouldn't be scared of talking to me. In fact, she should talk to me every time she feels bad, specially when it's about Mon el.
"Don't worry, she knows that you aren't fault now. You would talk to her about her feelings though, ok?"
"Yeah..."
"Oh, and she also said something about some new powers she has. Do you know what she means by that?"
Oh, the incidence yesterday. How could I forget about it!?
"Oh yeah, yesterday she developed some new powers, I think. I don't know how she got them but now suddenly she can physically hurt other people when she's hurt." I explain. "She's scared Kara. She says she's scared she's going to hurt you again. " I want to answer her something but at this exact moment Everleigh storms into my room all of a sudden to hug me! I didn't expect her to do this after this morning...
"I'm sorry mom-"
I just smile at her. I'm so happy she's ok again!
"I think I'mma go now Kara." Lena says smiling. I nod.
"I see you wanted to start making some pancakes" Everleigh tells me looking up. 
"Come on, let's go make us some breakfast!"

***
"This tastes delicious mom!"
She takes a bite of her pancake. I'm happy she likes it, but after what Lena mentioned I can't stop thinking about this new 'power'. I think it's really powerful for her, almost too powerful and I'm scared she might not be able to control it.... But I don't want her to be scared of it either, it's a part of her now, no one can change it. I look at her. She seems so happy right now.
"Mom, mom! Someone is ringing at the door. I'mma open it, alright?"
"Sure, go."
"Ok." She answers me as she runs towards the door. I can't exactly see who's standing there but I can hear a feminine voice say: "oh my god, you've grown so much!" Now I see a woman, that I don't know, hug Everleigh! That's not good.
"Excuse me, could you please let go of my daughter?" I say walking towards them. I stand still as I see the woman stand up.
"Rhea!?"

Heyyy!!From now on I'm going to try to post more parts. Please vote and share. And I beg you please let me know if this part was good or bad in the comments, and just ask me if you have some questions!
Till the next part🍃