Part 31

„So what was all this about Ev?", Lena asked the young girl who was sitting in the back still mad.
Lena was still surprised that Everleigh was being like  this because she usually is very loving and caring, plus she was pretty exited for her siblings to arrive!

„What?", Everleigh asks responding. She does know what Lena's talking about. She sometimes just likes playing dumb.

„You know, the whole ‚nah I don't want to hold them' thing."

„I just didn't want to hold them. Why does everyone have to always make a huge deal out of everything!? Plus they already have mom and dad, they don't need me and I don't need them either."

It was clear to Lena that Everleigh was jealous. That's why she stayed quiet after Ev's statement.

*2 months later*

„Dad..."

No response.

"Daddy wake up, I had a nightmare again...", Everleigh whispers to Mon el's face. It was two in the morning and she was terrified because of one of her well known nightmares. Every night. It had been happening every night for the last two weeks and no one could explain why. Usually her mother went with her when she had these but today the twins had been restless so she had a rough day behind her. That's why Ev instead walked down to the couch, where Mon el had been sleeping for the last two months after Everleigh's incident.

Finally Mon el reacted.

"What's wrong Ev?", he tiredly asked.

"I can't sleep, I had a nightmare.."

"Oh ok, c'mon let's first of go up to your room.", he says. After that he stands up, carries her to her room, closes the door and turns on the lights.

Now Everleigh felt safe. She always felt safe with her parents. They were like her best friends. Not like Bella, Leon and Daniel though. They were her, as you might call it, comfort zone.

"The people you dream about are not real. You know it."

"But dad! I swear I heard someone outside!"

"You're just hallucinating cutie..."

He smiled to make her feel better.

"If you want to I can-", Mon el continues but he gets interrupted by the sound of a crying baby.

Mon el looks at Everleigh as if he's asking for permission to go.

"Can't mom go?" 

"Cutie you know your mother is tired."

That answer makes Ev angry. Very angry. 

"Fine, Go."

Everleigh's pov

I swear to god after he left the room I heard something. Something from the closet or from the window? I don't care! I heard something, I'm pretty sure of that. Not just today, but every other night since last week. I now even feel scared of waiting for mom or dad outside of school. I'm scared of a lot more things after what happened with Imra. Sometimes I dream about this night. And I always tell my parents about them but they always think that I'm just doing it for attention, that's why I don't tell them anything that often anymore. They only get to know what I dream about when it's really bad. Only when I see things. But even then they only think that I'm jealous of my siblings. Ugh.

Jealousy.

I mean I am jealous.  They treat them differently than me. Mom and dad always say it's because they're still little babies and they need this attention.  But  I don't care. I need attention too.
Well, I guess no one cares about how I feel. The main thing is that the twins are fine.

I quickly get snapped out of my thoughts, when I hear noises coming from the closet. It's really weird because no one except me is in my room. The door is closed, the windows are closed, so why not look into it??

I get off my bed and start walking towards the closet. But before I can get any chance of doing one more step I feel a strong grip surround my face. I try to free myself but it doesn't seem to work. Soon after that the only thing I see is black.  

***

*2 weeks later*

"Do you know what this is?", a woman speaks.

I nod.

She's holding a green peace of stone in her right hand. As I look at her I instantly have t look away cause of the frightening look on her face.

"What is it!?", she asks now even louder.

"It's kryptonite..", I whisper scared of what's coming next.

"How does it feel?"

I try to get away from her but she just keeps getting nearer to me. Nearer and nearer till it comes to a point where I'm standing in a corner of the room.
I can't help but let a tear roll down my cheek, following by a lot of others.

"It hurts...", I cry out. The woman just laughs.

"This is what you will be feeling if you disrespect me ever again!", she tells me, soon being followed by a slap.

I had screamed at her. She obviously didn't like it. That's why she's making me go through hell. She can't stand me and I don't know why! But there's one thing I know.

That my parents are fault at all this. And I will never forgive them.