part 15.

Kara

It's been one week since the incident, and the best week I could imagine with my mom in Argo. It's sad that we'll have to go tomorrow, but I'm also excited to see how our new house looks like.

Mon-el and I walk into the house we're staying in Argo after having the last dinner with my mom.

"Is she awake?" I ask the women who had been taking care of Everleigh for the past few hours.

"She just fell asleep." She answers smiling. I smile back. A few minutes later she says good bye and goes.

Now I'm standing there doing nothing. What should I do? I mean, I already have my package done, Mon-el is almost done and I have nothing to do, so I go to check on Everleigh. I always did that before and still do it. It's just peaceful to watch her sleep. I look down at her and think to myself:

" What if something happened to her? What if if she was gone forever?" I don't even want to imagine that. It's just the most horrendous thought ever! I don't even want to think about it.

" I know you're still to tiny to understand it and you'll not know how I felt till you have your own kids but I hope you never have to expirience what I had to expirience when this man came to get you..."

I feel a year roll down my right cheek and fastly brush it away as I feel someone touch my shoulder. I turn around and it's Mon El. I put a fake smile on my face and ask him:

"Are you done?"
"Yes "
"The better question is if you are ready." We're looking into each other's eyes. I just realized how beautiful his eyes are.

"Kara?" He says still waiting for my answer. I start laughing while laying my head on his warm chest.

"Sorry." I say.

"Why shouldn't I be ready?"

Kara we're moving into a new house, and you have like a bond to the old apartment."

"I know, but if moving away means Everleigh's safety then there's nothing to think about."

"I totally understand.."

"Are you ok?" He then asks.

"Yeah why shouldn't I?"

"You're not ok"

"I am ok!" I answer conserned.

"You're not " he's pretty sure about what he's saying.

"I am ok! God, what is wrong with you!?"

"Crinkle" is the only thing he says.

"Stop it." I answer sighing.

"Just tell me the truth."

I feel my eyes watering up what the reason is I look down so he doesn't realize it.

"Are you crying!?"

And of course he realizes.

I look up.

"No I'm not."

"You're a bad liar, you know?"

What am I supposed to do, I mean he is calling me a bad liar!

"Shut up." I say.

I walk around him trying to get out of the room. I don't like it when people get to see my weak side. I know it's ok to be sad but it has to be something really bad if I let anyone know I'm sad.

And again there's a tear rolling down my cheek. This time my left cheek. I hate it. Why do I always have to be so emotional? I fastly wipe it away. Again.