Part 32

"No Mon el, I'm loosing my hope! She's no where to be found!"

Kara was desperate. One month had passed since Ev got kidnapped. One month since her little treasure was taken. One month of blaming herself about what happened.

"I should've been there for her since the first time she told me about the nightmares. But I wasn't. I am an awful mom for that...", she really was feeling horrible, Mon el too but his feelings were even worse. If he stayed with her none of this would've happened. He felt like the worst father ever. Ev had been traumatized this night but he had to go check on the twins. If only he would've taken her with him. He could've done so many things to not let it happen. He could've but he didn't. Everyone had basically lost her.

Mon el lost his little princess.

Kara lost her little buddy.

Bella and Leon lost their best friend, their cousin. Everleigh basically was like their sister.

Lena lost her contact person.

Alex and Maggie had lost their little dumpling. They called her this way, since she loved dumplings.

J'onn lost one of his granddaughters. One of the two most loved little girls in his life.

Winn and Brainy lost their little know-it-all.

Nia lost her little partner in crime.

And well Daniel.... He had lost his soulmate. Because that's the way he thought of her. As his Soulmate.

„I miss her Mon...", Kara sobbed into Mon el's shirt.

„I miss her too Kara...", he was crying too. He had been crying every night since what happened, but seeing Kara this way made everything worse.

„Don't worry we'll find her. I'll make sure of it. I promise."

"Don't promise things you can't keep...", she answered him, breaking the hug.
She didn't break it because she felt uncomfortable in Mon el's arms.
No...
Instead, she felt the safest in his arms. She felt the the safest with him. And Mon el felt safe with her.

Kara had let go of him because she heard someone approach their home. And ever since what happened with Everleigh she had been even more careful with her other kids. Even though Nia, Alex and Lena had been helping out more she was still scared about them. She had already lost one kid and she didn't want this mistake to repeat itself.

Kara looked at Mon el and quickly brushed her tears of.

"Someone's coming.", she said then used her x-ray vision to see who was coming.

Weird...

Daniel's mother.

Red, crying and desperate she knocked on the door. That of course surprised Kara so she instantly opened the door.

"I need your help... please help me!", Daniel's mother cried out.

Kara confusingly looked at her.

"I'm sorry Ruth...I don't get it.", Kara haltingly said.

"What can I help you with..?", she then asked. But Ruth just hugged her.

"I know who kidnapped your daughter, they took my Daniel too!", she cries into Kara's shoulder.

"Wait, what!?" 

By now everyone was downstairs. All the crying had taken their attention. Well, actually just Mon el and Nia were there. 

"Calm down a little. Sit down.", Kara comforted the young woman. After a while everyone was sitting on the couch waiting for Ruth to explain herself.

"What did you mean when you said you knew who took the kids?", Kara started questioning.

The blood on Ruth's head had caught her attention, so she started cleaning her wound. Careful as always.

"He kidnapped Daniel and he told me everything...then he hit me with something on my head."

Kara looked at her teary eyes.

"What did he tell you?", she asked.

"He told me that you are supergirl and that y'all have powers, but Ev is more powerful than y'all.  He wanted and army of trained young kids to relive the world killers just in better and stronger."

Kara, Mon el, Nia, everyone was surprised at what she had just said. This would change everything. Ev was still alive but they were training her to be a killer, a murderer. This, exactly this is what Kara didn't want.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." L, Ruth then stated herself.

Everyone smiled in relieve.

"So , Daniel has powers too?"

She nodded.

"Yeah because of his father he can go into others dreams and because of me he's like really strong."

"I'm sorry I got your family into so much trouble. But I have to find Daniel he's the only one I have. And I know you also want your daughter back."

Kara nodded.

"We'll help you."

***

*two weeks earlier*

"Wake up dumbass.", the woman called. She tore Ev out of the bed.

Everleigh still was half asleep. It still wasn't usual to her to be torn out of her little bed. But she had to deal with it. That's what they always told her.

The little girl looked down at the floor, devastated because she missed her home, her friends...

"Oh, stop being so sad.", the woman said tearing her out of the tiny room.

"Your little Daniel friend will accompany you soon! You should be happy!", she laughed out.

"What, no! He doesn't have anything to do with all this! Don't even mention him!", Everleigh screamed out, then pushed herself away from the woman.

"Why are you even defending him!? You can thank him and his stepfather that you're here."

"That's not true..."

"You do exactly know his stepfather has you here... and who do you think helped him find out so much about you, huh? I might call you dumb but you do exactly know that you're not, so think about it."

Everleigh at first didn't want to believe anything the woman was telling her but everything made sense! She was right! Daniel must've helped him. He was fault at everything.

He was the bad guy.