part 16

* 3 years later*

Kara's pov

I wake up with the feeling of an empty bed. It's 3AM and Mon-el isn't in bed.

"Oh no, not again!" I think to myself as I get up from bed. Putting my hand on my face I realize that I'm still very tired. Walking out my room I turn to the left and see light in Everleigh's room.

I knew it.

Entering Ev's room I see Mon El and Everleigh sitting on the bed. Her eyes are red from crying. Our poor little girl. She doesn't deserve having these nightmares. I hate seeing her like that! Watching her cry every night cause she sees the man who wanted to kidnap her once in her dreams is terrible! I want to help her but I don't know how! The panic attacks she has at night are the worst.

Now I'm standing next to her.

"Again?" I ask.

She nods.
For a short second I look at Mon-el and he looks at me. I turn my head back to Everleigh.

"What do you think about a sleepover in our room?"

She smiles weakly.

"Remember tomorrow we're invited for lunch at aunty Alex's. We will no be able to see her if we don't sleep."

Her eyes open wide up. She takes her favourite cuddly toy and runs to our room. She comes back running and takes the rest of her cuddly toys.

"What? I feel bad for them. It's unfair to just take one!"

Mon-el and I start laughing.

Now we're just looking at each other, nothing more. His eyes tell me the same I'm trying to tell him.
Finally he speaks up.

"We need to do something against it. This isn't normal anymore Kara."

I only answer that I know.

"Are you coming or what!?"
Everleigh screams from our room.

"That's our call." I say.

"Yup " Mon answers.

*The next day*

"Bella!"

Everleigh and Bella hug each other.

"Aren't they cute?" I hear Alex say.

We hug each other and now that the girls ran to Bella's room we walk up to the kitchen. There I see Maggie and hug her too.

"Have you heard something from Lena?" Alex then asks me.

"I haven't heard something from her since the last time we saw her. And it was one week ago."

I'm worried about Lena. We normally talk every day but this week it was different.

"We'll wait 30 minutes and I'll try to call her if she doesn't come ok?" I tell Alex.

She nods turning around and looking down.

"I drew this for you auntie Alex!"

Everleigh gives Alex a piece of paper. A heart is drawn on it. Everleigh then turns around and gives Maggie another piece of paper. A big flower is drawn on it.

"This is for you aunt Maggie!"

"Thank you Ev! It's beautiful!"
Maggie tells her.

"You're welcome!"

Seconds later Everleigh goes back to Bella's room.

Ten minutes have passed by now and we still haven't heard something from Lena. Then the doorbell rings.