I Have A New Friend

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie

I was anxious for my baby and Nancy to hurry out of the restaurant before Logan decided to get up to leave or look my way. My nerves were eating me alive.

Finally, I see the door open. Nancy had two big brown bags that I'm guessing had the food she had ordered for Nathan, herself, and Lexie. She held my son's hand walking along his side. Walking an awful too slow if you ask me. "Come on, come on." I fidgeted in my seat, speaking under my breath.

He kept looking back and waving at Logan and Troy, though they were oblivious to Nathan's waving. I closed my eyes, cursing under my breath. If Logan so decided to look out through the window, I am done with it.

That's it! The bomb will go off, exposing me and the truth about Nathan.

I curved the car a little so I was facing away from the restaurant. This way, Logan would not be able to see me for sure.

I unlocked the car as soon as they were in front. Nancy opened the door and let my baby in, strapping him on his seat, and sitting next to him. I sighed, FINALLY!

"Sorry, Miss Sophie. I didn't mean to keep you waiting."

"Don't worry about it Nancy," I responded, adjusting my rearview mirror and glancing at Nathan as I began to drive away.

"Momma, guess what?" He said excitedly.

"What is it, baby?"

"I have a new friend. His name is Logan. He's really nice, I like him. I'm going to introduce you to him next time I see him. He is really nice." I was sipping on a soda I had gotten back at the restaurant with Roxie, and began choking on it as he tossed that bomb at me.

"Ma'am, are you ok?" Nancy asked.

"Are you ok, momma? Did you swallow a big piece of ice? That happened to me last time at Mrs. Clark, you should tap on your chest, it helps a lot." He added making me wish the earth would open up and swallow me alive right now.

My eyes were watery, and my face suddenly felt hot from so much coughing. Little by little I gained control of myself again, fanning my face with my hands and composed myself.

"Nathan, baby... I don't think it's a good idea for you to be talking to strangers. You know better than to speak-"

"But Logan is not a stranger mom."

"What? How....w- where do you know him from?"

"Well, I just met him at the restaurant. That's why he's not a stranger. He's my friend now. Please, mom? Can Logan be my friend? Pleeeeease? I liked him a lot mom. He was so nice to me, his friend too."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, his name is Troy. Like the story, you told me about the trojan war. Why does Logan look so familiar? I think I saw him somewhere before. But, I can't remember. Do you know who he is momma?" I grunted under my breath and pressed my head against the steering wheel as I came to a halt at a stop sign.

"Mom? Mom? Mom, do you know him?" He repeated his question, followed by honking as I realized I had taken too long to move past the stop sign.

"No baby, I don't. Look... I doubt you might see him again. It's fine if you want to consider him your friend ok? Just.... Don't get your hopes up. He might be here just visiting, and once he's gone back to where he's from, you'll never see him again."

"Na-ah! He said, welcome to our town kid!" Nathan mocked Logan's tone, trying to sound grown-up, and lowered his voice to sound deeper.

I sighed as his face kept the bright gleam in his little eyes. If only he knew that man was much more than just... A friend.

"Nate, what else did he tell you, baby? Did he ask who mommy was? Did you tell him my name?" I was getting nervous about this conversation. Nate could be very blunt and straightforward with his words. He doesn't hold back when he needs to say something.

"Just that he hadn't seen me before in this town. I told him you got a new house and you went to the store to buy stuff for it."

"Nathan baby. Please... Try not to stop and talk to every person you meet in town. You have to be safe ok? Remember what I've always told you? It's not safe to talk to strangers. I don't quite feel comfortable with you talking to everyone you meet."

"Mom, I told you. Logan is not a stranger, he's my friend."

"I know. I'm not saying because of him, just... In general, Nate, you can't stop and talk-"

"Fine. I won't talk to anyone." He was irritated with me. I could tell he was mad by the pouty lips he was doing. He crossed his hands and began to look out the window. He was sure mad with me.

I could care less if the entire world was mad at me, but I can't stand for Nate to be mad with me. He's my world, and with him mad at me, I feel like I am the worst thing in the world. Especially since I just lied to him.

We stood quiet the rest of the ride until we arrived at the house. I opened the door for him and he immediately got out, jumping off the car and running inside the house, passed Lexie without saying a word.

Lexie glanced his way and walked towards me, pointing back towards him. "What was that about?"

I sighed and opened the trunk to grab the stuff I had just bought. "He's mad at me."

She crossed her hands with her eyebrows pursed. "And why is that?"

I sighed and walked inside, followed by Lexie who grabbed a few more bags off the trunk. Nathan was in the backyard, playing with his nanny, but I could tell he was still mad by the way he was moping.

"Logan and Troy were eating at the same restaurant you sent Nancy to pick up food."

"Oh-oh! Did he see you? Oh shit, I think I heard something about him coming back into town to work at that new office where Aiden and Derreck are working."

My heart sank, and I suddenly couldn't breathe at the sudden invasion of butterflies in my stomach. "He's.....what?" I whispered under my breath. This isn't good.

Why am I battling with myself? A part of me wishes none of this was true. How I'd wish to turn back time and for Amber to say 'just joking, my baby isn't Logan's, in fact, we never slept together.' But the reality is, it's possibly true.

She's beautiful, much more beautiful than me. I never understood why Logan fell for me when he had a beautiful girlfriend like her in high school. Every guy wanted to date her. It first to think of him. On one hand, I want to forgive and forget, run to his arms, and ask him to give it another chance.

But no. I have to think of Nathan before myself. He's my priority now. My only priority. Besides, if he and Amber are not together and making things work for their kid, he probably already moved on with someone else.

I have no time to think about dating, nor can I stop to think about Logan and me. It's been long over, and my top priority now - is making that little six-year-old green eye cutie forgive me for making him upset.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨