Operation Michael

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Nathan
(Two Weeks Later)

I was nervous. Kenzie and I have been planning on how to find her dad. When we went to the cabin in the mountains with her mom and grandparents, she begged her mom to tell her about her dad. She was pretty mad at her at first, because she didn't want to talk to her about it. She told her to forget it, and she would tell her once she was older, but it only made Kenzie insist more.

I told Amber how I felt not knowing Logan was my dad, it hurt me a lot. I got bullied, and every day I had to be tough. I had to suck it up when I would see my friends hug their dads, and stay quiet when other kids would make fun of me because my dad wouldn't pick me up, or show up for events at school. Uncle Skylar and uncle Ethan would show up sometimes when mom couldn't pick me up, but it wasn't the same.

I love my dad, and I wish I could have known him much sooner. It changed my world to be able to be in his life.

Finally, the last day we were at the cabin, her grandpa told Amber to talk to Kenzie. We found out her dad's name is Mike Evans. He's a marine, and he left right after she graduated from high school when she was already pregnant with Kenzie. She left a little after, so she could go to college, but came back hoping he was back.

She was hurt to see that he wasn't back, and hadn't come to look for her.

But maybe things will be different once he finds out about Kenzie. Maybe he hasn't come back because he doesn't know about Kenzie's existence, but if he knew, he would probably come back.

Kenzie and I sat at a bench looking at the rest of the kids playing after we finished eating our lunch at school. We both had our hands right around the edge of the bench, swinging our feet back and forth. "Do you really think he'll be there? In the military base, I mean?" I asked her because I was getting nervous about doing this.

She wants me to go with her to the military base and demand to talk to him. But, what if he's not there? Mom says there are military bases all over the world, he could be anywhere.

She looks down, puffing her cheeks. Then she looks up, squinting her eyes. "I don't know...but I have to try. You don't have to go with me if you don't want to, I mean, it looks like it can rain, so...if you don't want to go, it's ok." I shook my head. I was not going to let her go alone, she could get lost. What if something happened to her? Mom would kill me if she found out I let her go alone.

"I don't know, about this Kenzie. But...I'm not going to let you go alone. I'll go with you ok? Just, promise me that whatever happens, you'll make up with your mom. You can't keep mad at her, she was only trying to protect you. She was probably sad too. She told you.., she came back, hoping you're dad had come back for you two. She sounded like she still loves him." she looks at me with a tear in her eye. She sniffles and cleans her cheek with her right hand, smiling at me.