Communication Is Key

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie

I was nervous as I made my way down the steps of the house. I had completely forgotten about my appointment today with my doctor. I don't know why I always get so scared. Maybe the fact mom had breast cancer, and grandma died for the same reason always has me on edge.

Since the year mom died, I have been going to get my usual mammograms every six months. Up to now, everything seems to be good. I had my gene test last time I went and the doctor told me that it looked as though I did not inherit the gene that caused mom to have cancer. Nonetheless, I still get checked every six months without a miss.

I was so nervous that I panicked when I couldn't find my phone, later to feel stupid when Logan pointed that I had it in my hand the whole time. Maybe I'm just overreacting a little. Everything will be fine, right?

"Ready to go?" Logan said as he started the car. I sighed, trying to avoid looking at him so he didn't notice my nervousness. "Yup," I responded, grabbing my seatbelt and quickly fastening it.

The good thing is that my car is left at work. I only drive it when he's too busy at a meeting and he wants me to meet him at his office. It was still raining a little, so I was glad that I had organized Nate's things and found his umbrella. It was still drizzling a bit.

We got to his school and Logan told me to wait in the car while he walked him in. "Bye, mommy," he yelled as he made his way inside. I waved back, blowing him a kiss. It always made him giggle when I did that. Logan hugged him, kissed the top of his head, and quickly made his way back when he saw Nate disappear from our sight.

He quickly made his way back and got in the car. We drove towards my office, but he pulled to the side a bit before getting there. I was shaking my leg and biting my bottom lip nervously. "W- why did we stop? Is something wrong?" I asked, turning towards him when I saw he wasn't moving the car anywhere.

I turn to face him, pouting my lips, wondering what we were doing, stopped by the side of the road. "You tell me? What's going on, Sophie? Anything you want to tell me?" I tilted my head, thoughtful, and nodded. "No. No baby, why do you ask?" I said, hoping he didn't dig any deeper into it.

He took a long sigh, tilting his head back against the seat rest, and closed his eyes. "Are we doing this again, Sophie? Why are you not t communicating with me, baby? I know you're hiding something from me. Baby, I already told you. I am not going anywhere. Baby...are you...you know....." it dawned on me where he was going. Oh God, he was taking it all wrong. I wanted to avoid this conversation so that he wouldn't worry if the tests came out ok, but he was thinking a whole other thing. My eyes went wide, and, y mouth gawked open as he began to smile brightly.

Did he really want to have another baby with me? Oh my God, this is.....he is so cute!

"Pregnant?" he asked, pausing and taking a huge gulp...though excited, he began to get really nervous. He tugged on his tie, and I giggled, cupping his cheek. "Logan?... No, baby... I'm not pregnant. But-" I pause looking down at my knees. I took an l g sigh, closing my eyes and looking out the window. "But, what? Are you...are you sure you're not pregnant? I mean, you've been acting strange all morning, and you took forever in the bathroom. Plus that anonymous call in the bathroom, and.." I chuckled, leaning in to kiss his lips as I caressed his cheek.

"Logan, " I sighed, pursing my lips and sighing. He needs to know, I know that. All this is just causing us misunderstandings and that is the least that I want happening in our relationship. "I'm going to get a mammogram test," I said nervously.

He took a long pause and sighed. Leading against the seat, and closing his eyes. "So...we're not... Pregnant?" he asked again sounding a bit disappointed. I chuckled, trailing my hand around his neck and pulling him in for a kiss. "Logan? God, you sure know how to make me forget about how nervous I am about this. Baby... I'm... I'm really not sure, to be honest... I mean, I don't think so, no. But...Logan." I said, looking at him, nervously.

He realized I was scared. He sighed, pulling me close and hugging me tightly. Sophie, I know you're scared baby. With what happened to your grandma, and Hailey, I know you're scared. But, you have to communicate with me more, Soph. You can't hide these things from me. Baby, I'm here for you. You gotta open up and tell me when something is bothering you. You don't have to do this alone. I will be there for you, every step of the way...all you have to do is ask. Tell me, communicate with me. I can't know what to do if you don't talk to me." I rested my head back on the seat, thinking about his words.

He was absolutely right. I have to talk to him, tell him what troubles me, and communicate with him. I told him my meeting was today at nine in the morning. He was a bit upset that I hadn't told him. But he still showed so much support.

"Ok, what clinic are you supposed to go to for your test? I'll take you there," he said, taking out his phone and speed dialing someone. "Logan, no. It's ok, you don't have to lose your day of work. I know that w you're busy, you have a big case coming up in a few days. I don't want you to worry-" he looked at me, holding up his finger to stop me from talking.

"Heather, it's Logan. Cancel all my appointments for today, rescheduled them for tomorrow, and tell Derreck I won't be coming in today. If he needs me, he knows where to reach me." It was his secretary on the other line. He hung up, and placed the car on drive, still holding down the brake.

"So...where to, beautiful?" his bright green orbs glistened. Even in this dreadful- gloomy day his eyes still held a spark to them. I smiled and gave him to head to the main hospital in town.

I was nervous, to say the least.., but I was glad to have him by my side. I don't know what ipI would do without him.

He drove down to the hospital, putting on upbeat music and singing along with it, making me giggle. It was one of his many ways to make me feel better, and for now...it was working.

"Since we're on the subject of communication...care to tell me what's going on with you and Roxanne?" he says as he makes a turn and glances with one eyebrow raised and a big mischievous smile on his face. I glanced at him, eyes wide open, and completely taken aback. "Well, shit." now..l the fun conversation begins.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨