You're Going to Meet Grandma

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie

I was so mad as I left the park. Just when I had gotten my hopes up and was about to talk to Logan, Amber had to show up. But not just shows up! She....was with her daughter.

"She had a daughter! and she's...... She's so beautiful, Lexie. God, I feel like yelling, and crying so damn bad!" I ran my hands through my hair, unaware my little man stood by his door.

"And then... he still had the nerve to go after me? For what? To rub it in my face, that Amber and he still have great communication? To tell me that he has had a blast raising a daughter, without me in the picture? God, I hate this! I should not have come back."

"Sweetheart, calm down. You're upset, but that doesn't mean coming back was a mistake. This is your hometown too."

I couldn't help but cry silently.

Nathan was silently listening, with his little pouty lips. I knew he was confused. He didn't know what just happened back there. But by now he figured I knew Logan, and more importantly, he knew I lied to him about knowing him.

I had to get a hold of myself before I lose it. Lexie is right, If I am going to live here, then I have to suck it up and get used to seeing Logan with his daughter and Amber. There's no other way around this. My son will have no other choice but to learn that he has a sister now. A sister he didn't know existed.

I sniffled and wiped my tears away. Crying was not going to solve anything. And it certainly will not give me the answers I was looking for.

I sighed and let my breath out slowly, fighting back the rest of my tears and gulping down the rest of my feelings.

Nate was quiet, he kept glancing between me and out the window by the hallway. He was pondering on what to say, and honestly, I didn't know what to tell him either.

He looked down, pensively, and then furrowed his little eyebrows. The situation was becoming worse by the minute. What am I supposed to do? What can I say to him? How do I explain to him what is happening?

I got on my knees and extended my arms out for him. He ran, hugging me, but refused to look at me.

"Nate, baby. Look at me?" I whispered, cupping his little face and turning him towards me. Instead, he looked at the ground.

"You lied to me. You know who he is. Why did you say you...you didn't know him? He called your name, which means he knows who you are. And why did he make you cry?" He looked at me with pain in his eyes.

"Baby, it's... It's complicated, ok? I lied to you, I know, and I am very sorry. This was my mistake, I shouldn't have lied to you. I'm so sorry, Nate?" I said hugging him tightly.

"Mom, you said no secrets, remember? Why did you lie to me?" He said pushing past me and sitting next to Lexie on the couch.

"You're right, baby," I called to him, walking to the couch, sitting with him.