Let's Do This

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie

We finally made it back home. I was exhausted, to say the least, and just to think that in three days I have to travel back to New York to start my book signing tour makes me feel more exhausted.

Logan pulls the SUV up to our driveway, yes, you heard me right. I am starting to see his home like my own. I'm still debating whether I should sell my house. I need to soak up in a nice hot bath big time.

"We're home baby," I say turning around to see a sleeping Nate in the back. Logan's lips rise to a warm smile, I can sense him looking at me as he inhales a deep sigh.

I glance over seeing Nate snuggle up next to Charlie. "Did my ears deceive me? You just said..."

"Home?" I reply making his smile grow wider. He hangs his head and bites his lower lip, quickly pulling me by the back of my neck and kissing my lips.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me feel. It sounds so good coming from your lips. Home, this is why I built this house, Soph, I knew one day you and I would be a family. I just knew it, my heart told me to not give up. I love you, you have no idea how much you mean to me." his husky voice vibrates, resonating as I cup his cheek and stare at the sweet movements of his lips.

I kiss him once m0re, smiling back and sighing. "Well, you did give me two sets of keys you know? I had to at least make good use to one of them," I say making him chuckle. "I love you, Logan. It's always been you, baby, always." I whisper out the last word, claiming his lips and interlacing my tongue with his.

I press my forehead against his, my eyes closed as I indulge at the moment. I can still taste his sweet kiss on my lips. I can never get used to his taste, his body, to him. He is too good to me... I don't think I can ever live without him.

Charlie starts to whimper in his sleep. We both turn as he starts to move his hind legs and then the front lines as if he was running until he jolts up, startling Nate. We both burst out into laughter as Charlie and Nate awaken.

"Come here, Charlie. You're ok, buddy." Logan says as he reaches out and grabs Charlie with his right hand. Nate rubs his eyes with the back of his hands and yawns. His hair is getting a bit long, and his curls are getting wild. It reminds me of when Logan and I were younger. He'd wake up with wild curls as well making his beautiful green orbs glisten brighter with the morning sun.

"Mommy, can we go eat at McDonald's?" he says while yawning and stretching again. I chuckle as I get off the car. "Baby, we just got home. How about I make you something to eat here?" I reply as he gets off the car and I make my way to the trunk to get my luggage out.

"Please!? I dreamed we were eating at McDonald's. I was eating chicken nuggets with barbecue sauce and an oreo mcflurry. It was so good mommy, please?" I sigh as he pouts his little face, giving me big puppy eyes. "Nate?" I sigh and Logan quickly pulls me by my waist, kissing me on my cheek. "Of course, we can get McDonald's buddy. Baby, cone on? Give him a break. Just order it and have it delivered." he says making me sigh. "You two are impossible," I say as I cross my hands and sigh.

Nate jumps up with joy and smiles. Logan ruffles his hair and gives him a quick kiss on his head. "Yes, thanks, Dad," he says making Logan chuckle. "Order me a burger too, yeah babe?" he says as he walks past me to the back.

Logan's phone goes off as he lifts the trunk door grabs the luggage out and answers the call at the same time.

"Hey, bud. Yeah, we just got home like five minutes ago." he starts as I grab Nate's luggage but he quickly takes it off my hands and places it down. I go for another luggage but he taps my hand and moves his finger from side to side telling me no. "Yeah, I'm free now. Ok, that's fine, I'll see you in a bit. Later, bud." he hangs up and places the phone back in his jeans pocket, turning to grab a duffle bag and swinging it across his head and shoulder.

I go again to grab a smaller suitcase where I had clothes he had bought me, but my eyes go wide as he spanks my butt and takes the luggage off my hands again. "Woman? I got this. Why don't you get Charlie and go on in? Steven is coming by, I'm gonna go ahead and show him the paperwork and I'll need to make a few phone calls to talk to the judge. Why don't you go on and relax a bit? I know you're exhausted.

I give up, throwing my hands in the air and grabbing my phone out of my pocket. I open up the app and place an order in for us, I look up as Logan comes back out of the house and grabs the rest of the luggage. "Babe, should I place an order for Steven too?" I ask and he shrugged his shoulders and walks back to the house with the rest of the luggage.

I place an order anyway, adding a double burger with cheese, fries, and a drink for him. Riley was off for another week with Derreck. They've been very romantic together, I wouldn't be surprised if they get married soon.

Soon, we find ourselves in the dining room. Steven takes a seat next to Logan as I place the food on plates for them and let them get to work.  "Ok, let's do this," Logan says as he brings out papers and his laptop. "I'm telling you, Logan. My daughter is going to love living with me. I just have to get her out of there Logan. I just have to." he says nodding his head and running his hands over his face.

"And you will. We just have to get more evidence against her. Even if she's not living with her, she's supporting her, she has a few more points on her behalf than you do. But don't worry, I promise you, Kate will be with you soon, Steven. I won't let justice fail that little girl, and I will not stand by to see Roxanne keep up with her fucking shenanigans." my eyes go wide, and I give him a deadly stare as Nate covers his mouth in shock.

"Language?" I sneer at him. "Sorry, bud," Logan says, looking at Nate.

I nod, crossing my hands over my chest, and slouch on my chair. "You two eat first. You can work on this case after. Ok?" I say as I point to their food and they both look at each other. "Yes, ma'am," Steven replies making me chuckle.  They both grab their burgers at the same time and begin to eat.

I look at Nate, and my heart aches. As a mom, I can't imagine ever wishing not to be a part of my baby's life. Nonetheless ever making him feel like he doesn't matter to me. I love my son, and I feel so bad for Kaitlyn. Whether she was a mean little girl when we met her of not, she doesn't deserve the treatment that her mother is giving her.

Roxanne deserves what's coming to her, and she won't see it coming. I just hope no one is hurt in the process.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨