Don't Break Your Promises

🧸✨💞🧸✨💞🧸✨💞🧸✨💞

🧸✨💞🧸✨💞🧸✨💞🧸✨💞

Kenzie

All I wanted was to find my dad. I never meant for things to go so bad. Not only did we get lost, but we got caught in the rain, I made Nathan lose his mom's ring, and now... We might get arrested. I started crying when I saw the police lights go off. They made me scared. I started backing away, but Nate pulled me into a tight hug and didn't let go of me. "Don't be scared, Kenz. I'm right here with you. I won't leave you alone. I promise." he said as he began to cry too.

"I'm sorry I made you come, Nate. I'm sorry I got you into this and made us get lost, and...and I made you lose your mom's ring. It's all my fault, I'm so sorry." I cried. My throat felt a big pain as I cried out, hugging Nate tighter. "It's ok, Kenzie. It's not your fault. It's not your fault," he continued to say. I closed my eyes as I hear the footsteps were getting closer.

The closer they got, the more I felt the rain come down harder, and it made me cry even louder because I was getting more and more scared. Nate held me tighter, trying to comfort me, but I just couldn't control myself. What if we do get arrested? My mom is going to be so mad, she's going to hate me.

"I'm scared Nate. I'm really scared." I said to him while we cried. "It's ok, sister. I'm here for you. I won't let them hurt you, I promise." he said as he started to hiccup from crying so much. "There they are." Nate turned quickly, letting go of me. "Please, don't hurt us," he says as he makes me go behind him.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Nathan

I was not going to let them hurt my sister. I know there's a lot of good police out there. My uncle Steven, my aunt Kelly and her husband are good policemen, but I know there are bad ones too. My mom and I saw it many times in our old home. She says that we are lucky to live here because most police are good here, I can't say the same for Los Angeles.

I saw how they treated people really bad lots of times, especially if you looked a certain way. I wish everyone got along, but mom says that the hate we learn when we are small is what makes people this way.

"Nathan!?" I turned quickly, making Kenzie go behind me, promising her that it was going to be ok.

"Please, officer, don't hurt us," I begged the police lady while she got near us. I couldn't see very well because of all the rain, plus... It was getting late, and it got darker much faster. "Officer Clarkson here, we found them, I repeat, we found my nephew and Devoroux kid." my heart jumped with joy. I recognize that voice.

My hands that clutched tightly around Kenzie let go, and I lifted my head to see clearer. "Auntie Kelly?" I yelled happily, exasperated from how l9ng we had walked, but I managed to gather strength and ran, launching myself in her arms. She giggled, going down on one knee, and hugged me real tight. "Hey...there you are, buddy. God, we were so worried about you," she says as she hugs me tight.

She lifts her head, cupping my face and looking at me, "Everything will be ok, buddy. Mom is on her way, ok? Are you hurt? Are you ok? Both of you?" she says, extending an arm out and allowing Kenzie to hug her. Acar pulled up making a screeching halt, followed by someone getting out quickly. "Xander...oh thank God you guys are ok. Dad, the blanket." my uncle Jason came quickly, hugging me. He was still wearing his football uniform and cleats. "Uncle Jason. I was so scared. I want to go home. Please, uncle Jason, take me home with my mommy." I cried, holding him right as he lifted me from the ground.

My grandpa came behind us, covering me with a warm blanket and giving uncle Jason an umbrella. He then covered Kenzie with a blanket, hugging her tightly as she cried too. "Sh-sh, it's ok Kenzie, you're safe. You're both safe, and that's the only important thing." grandpa told her as he soothed her back. Aunt Kelly talked on her walkie-talkie, looking at me. She winks and turns around to talk to the other officer.

Soon, more police cars came and I felt extremely happy, but with the need to cry when I saw dad's car pull up. Mom came out quickly, making me run to her, "MOMMY!" I yelled, running to her. She lifted me, and h8gged me really tight, daad came and hugged us both. "Nate, you're ok, baby. Oh thank you, God, you're ok baby...everything will be ok," she says quivering her voice. I knew she was crying, and it made me feel terrible for making her worry.

I lifted my head, dad and mom were both covered in rain like me, but I could tell they were both crying as well. I wiped her tears, kissing her cheek. "I'm sorry, mommy. I didn't mean to get lost. I just wanted to help Kenzie find her daddy. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

She hugs me again, kissing my forehead, "I know, baby. I know. Don't worry about it, ok? The important thing is we are back together, and you are both safe. We will talk about this later, ok?" she says, holding my back, and kissing my cheek. "I'm so glad you're ok buddy. You gave us a good scare." I turned to dad as he lifted his hand to the back of my head. I hugged him over mom's embrace, and kissed his cheek, "I'm sorry daddy. I didn't mean to." I began crying again as I remembered that I lost my mom's ring. "It's ok, buddy, you're safe now. Let's go home ok?" he says as he ruffles my hair.

"It's not that." I said, grabbing my necklace out of my pocket, "I lost mommy's ring. Kenzie accidentally pulled me and yanked off my necklace, my ring came off. Dad took the necklace, running his fingers through the wolf. "Baby, it's ok, we'll get a new one, ok?" mom says making him shake my head, "NO, that ring is important. Please, dad, help me find it?" I pleaded. They both looked at each other and smiled sadly.

Everyone was in it. They all helped find the ring. Auntie Kelly had flashlights and helped us search. I was so sad because even with their help, we couldn't find it. But just as we were ready to leave, the other officer yelled out, "I think I found something." he says, running towards the thing that stunned with his flashlight. I looked at dad, hoping he was right.

Auntie Kelly walked towards him and examined it. They called mom over, and they showed her. Mom hugged my auntie, and then she walked towards me. "Officer Mason found your ring baby," she says taking the necklace from dad and placing it back in, and putting the necklace back around my neck.

Soon, we finally git to go home. I had a big lecture from mom and dad after they made me shower and change into warm clothes. I didn't get to say bye to Kenzie, but I hoped mom was not mad at her. "What will happen to Kenzie? I promised her we would find her dad. I broke my promise dad." I said as he held me in his arms. He smiled, and took a deep sigh. "Nate, one thing you gotta learn is.. We Spencer's do not break our promises. If you promised Kenzie you were going to help find her dad, then that's what we will do. You can't break your promise. I will help you find Michael, but we first need to make sure that Amber knows, ok?" I smiled brightly as dad gave me his promise to help.

Mom smiled as she saw both of us hug. I was so happy to be back home. It was so scary being out there in the dark with all the rain. Never again will I do something like that without letting my parents know.

🧸💞✨🧸💞✨🧸💞✨🧸💞✨