Over My Dead Body

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Third person pov (Two weeks later)

It didn't take Logan much to get the ball rolling for Steven. He had submitted all the paperwork, called in child protective services and they were now investigating the case. Kaitlyn's grandma was aware of this situation and was cooperating with both authorities and Logan. But Roxanne was humming with anger.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Roxanne

"Whether I want to be in the kids' life or not is none of anyone's concern. But I'll be damned if I let her take him. Do you hear me? Over my dead body. You tell that son of a bitch and his lawyer buddy that they have not heard the best of me yet. They want war? They'll get a war, or my name isn't Roxanne Bennett." I yelled my lungs out at the officer in front of me.

This was pathetic. If Steven thinks he can have Kaitlyn, he is so wrong. "Ma'am, I'm just doing my job. Here are your papers, you have been served, have a good day." the dumb officer pushes the papers against my chest, turns on his heels, and leaves.

I gritted my teeth as I see him going down the stairs down the hall to my apartment complex. I hate this, I hate everyone. I've been having it hard lately.

Dylan stopped helping me pay for my apartment, and the salary I make as a teacher is not enough for me to rely on. My rent is overdue, my bills are piling up, on top of that, my damn car is acting up, and now this? What the fuck, seriously?

Steven was going to get an ear full by me. This is not over.

I slammed the door shut, grunting in irritation as my hand balled into fists, throwing the envelope across my living room.

I threw my head back against the door, closing my eyes and clenching my jaw. This was not how I wanted to start my damn morning.

I've been gone for three weeks, and damn did I need to be away from everyone here. I went to Texas to try and talk to Marcus, my Ex-boyfriend. He's the only one I have truly EVER had feelings for. But they told me he was out for business. I stayed for almost two weeks there, hoping to see him. I spent fucking Thanksgiving by myself, waiting for him. I called his cell phone just to find someone had his number now. Which means he had changed his phone number.

I went by his work, ate at the places he and I used to hang out, but nothing.

Days later, I found him as he pulled up to his driveway. I was hopeful, and my heart raced with joy as I recognized his car. He still had the same blue Bugatti. Don't get me wrong, Logan's Bugatti is much nicer, but then again, Marcus is not as wealthy as Logan is.

I cringed my teeth when I saw him getting out and then went around to open the passenger seat. He was still dating that fucking idiot, Larissa Miles. I hate her. She stole him from me during our sophomore year in college. Nothing was ever the same when he met her. She came between us, coiled herself in every path of his life and slithered herself around him like the snake she is.

I tried everything to keep him by my side, but in the end, the arranged marriage her family and his had agreed to was much stronger to him than what we had.

When I got off the car and tried to confront her, I was broken to see she was pregnant with his kid and had a huge ring on her finger.

✨✨FLASHBACK✨✨

I turned him around, ready to slap him and pull her damn hair to throw her out of my way. But I was struck by the sight of them. He pulled her behind him, her left hand resting on his shoulder, revealing the huge rock on her hand.

"Rox? What the hell are you doing here?" He asked so coldly, making my blood boil.

"Whatever happened to us being together forever, Marcus? You said we'd be together and get married. You promised me to take care of me and my daughter. How can you do this? How can you betray me with this.... With this fucking whore?" I spat at them as I readied myself to slap her.

He held his hand out, stopping my hand and holding his other arm out, protecting her. "Enough, Rox. This is my wife you are talking about, so watch how you speak to her. Things changed, ok? Larissa and I love each other. We got married a little after you disappeared. We're making things work. Now please...just leave. Leave us alone already. Don't make me get a restraining order on you. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you, but that has nothing to do with me, ok?"

I don't know if I began crying because of how much anger and hatred I was feeling, or how it hurt so much that he was so happy, knowing I still wanted to be with him.

I can't stand the fact everyone seems to be so happy and in love and everyone whom I've wanted to be with has deceived me, used me, and betrayed me.

"Everyone can just go to hell. Including your damn wife and kid. I loved you, Marcus. I fucking left Russell for you, and for what? So you can one day tell me your parents were forcing you into an arranged marriage and leave me?" I pointed between him and I.

True, Russell was a good boyfriend too, but he was a damn nerd, and it reminded me of the life I wanted to leave behind.

Not every nerd finds their opposites attract and live happily ever after like in fairy tales. I was a big nerd before. I was top of my class, never talked back to anyone and got pushed around.

But then one day, I had had enough. I quietly saw how Sophie Patterson came back changed, she looked cool and pretty with her make over.

I stole the little money my brother had left behind before leaving to the military and got myself a make over, paying for contacts and getting rid of my braces, bought new clothes and studied the latest trends. I knew I had done a good job when Steven and other guys began noticing me. But it all ended soon when I found I was pregnant.

Steven had knocked me up, I was disappointed in myself. I was too young to be a mom.

Soon after, Steven said it was impossible that it could be his, because I had slept with other guys soon after, but the difference was... he was the only one I didn't use protection. Russell knew about my baby, and even then, he accepted me.

He treated me like a queen should be, but there was a minor detail... he was a nerd, and he was poor.

I was used to luxuries. My parents owned a big corporation of textiles and a top clothing manufacturer company. I was so pissed off when they lost the company. We lost everything. And the money we had, mom had used it to set my dad out free. If you ask me, dad should have rotted in jail like his partner, Mr. Davila.

They exploited their people by not paying them and laundering all the money. They made our whole lives changed. I was a nerd, but at least I had the money to compensate back then.

Now.... Now I have nothing. No money, no luxuries that I deserve, no Marcus.

✨✨END OF FLASHBACK✨✨

I drove down the highway like a mad woman. I'll be damn if I let Steven have that brat. I rather send her off to a damn boarding school or somewhere he will never find her. He will never.... Never have her.

"I have to think of a plan, but he will not get away with this, and I will not allow Logan to side with him. And another thing...If I can't have Marcus, then I sure as hell need to try harder to get Logan." I said to myself out loud as I drove away towards my mothers house.

The only thing keeping me sane right now, is the fact I'm leaving to New York for a few days to meet my favorite author. Reading is my tranquility, it's my way to escape this horrid world. I can't wait to go meet her. She will be making her first debut of all time, and I will not miss it for anything in the world.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨