Let The Games Begin

🌟🏈🌟🏈🌟🏈🌟🏈

🌟🏈🌟🏈🌟🏈🌟🏈

Sophie

Nathan was having so much fun in the water with Logan that they completely lost the notion of time, as did I to be totally honest with you. "Hey, Soph. Dylan and I are going to check on the stuff we got to make a cook-off, mind helping us make some burgers, baby girl?" Troy and Dylan came over where Lexie, Ashley, and I were sitting. "I'd love to," I replied.

"I can help too. I make a killer burger, T," Roxie added as she overheard us. "Great, that would be even better. But, just so you know, we men have a big appetite. So you girls will need to cook up a storm to feed us." Dylan added making her chuckle. Lexie and Ashley rolled their eyes at her laughter.

I, on the other hand, could care less. She was no threat to me, and I knew Logan was not going to fall for her, I trusted him. I knew he wouldn't betray me by messing around with her.

"Ok, we'll be back soon, don't take too much vitamin D, it'll give you mean sunburn later," Troy added as they left. Johnny and Ethan were coming back from their walk. They had left a while back to explore the area and visit an old trail they had seen on the way up here.

"Hey, beautiful. We're back." Johnny says to Lexie, leaning down beside her and kissing her lips. "Did you guys enjoy your walk?" I asked Ethan, getting a big smile in return. "We did," he says looking towards the lake and watching Logan place Nathan on his shoulders as he jumped back in the water. "They're getting along really well, aren't they?" he asks, smiling and taking a long sigh. "Yeah, they sure are. Logan adores him, and Nathan can't seem to want to part away from him for even a second. They're hitting it off quite well." I replied with a smile as I admired the view of my son play with his father.

"I'm glad for the three of you. Looks like you two are picking off the relationship right where you had left off. I'm really happy for you Sophie. You look so happy, you know that? There's a glow to your face that wasn't there before." he says going silent and looking towards the floor, I smiled and sighed as I gazed back towards my two favorite men. "You know you and Nate mean a lot to me, right Soph?" he says with a much more serious tone. I tilt my head and narrow my eyebrows as he sits on the bare floor next to me. "Yeah, and you mean a lot to me too, Ethan. I would not have been able to survive my first couple of years in California without you and Mrs. Clark's help. I owe you guys so much."

He smiles and nods his head. "You know, for his sake, he better not fuck up this opportunity with you, because he will see my bad side. I'm always going to be here to support you, and if being with him makes you happy, then I'm happy for you. Just, take care of the little guy, having his dad in his life is very important, whatever happens, make sure you work together for the sake of Nate. Make things work between you two, Nate.....Nate needs a stable home. Believe me, it's not easy growing up with only one parent in your life. Logan looks like he's serious about you two, don't let this opportunity to finally be happy with him go to waste." he says as he gets up and kisses the top of my head. "Love you, baby girl," he says walking away.

I glanced over towards Logan, he looked really serious, he had seen when Ethan kissed me on top of my head, and I was already starting to see that he saw Ethan as a threat. He clenched his jaw but soon was knocked down onto the water by Nate who launched himself at him, making him laugh.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

When the boys came back with all the food goods, we moved from the area and went to a beautiful tent with a huge deck, adorned with furniture, flowers, a long dining table, and an outdoor kitchen. Logan was still a bit serious, glancing at Ethan now and then with a serious face. Nate, Logan, and I were sitting down taking turns playing checkers, while everyone else sat around the fireplace drinking beer. Dylan and T placed down everything and got a new football out from one of the bags.

"Logan, stop starting at Ethan like you want to kill him, will you?" I whispered making him clench his jaw. He pulls me by my waist and grabs my face with his other arm, kissing me hard. "You're my woman, Soph. He needs to know that shit," he says making me chuckle. "Logan, everyone knows that. And so does he. Ethan....is like a brother to me, Logan, nothing else. I love you, dummy." I say, cupping his face and kissing his lips. Nathan giggled as he sees us kiss each other.

"Hey guys, ....how about a nice friendly game," Dylan says, tossing the ball towards Steven, who instinctively caught the ball. "Hell yeah," they say in unison standing up. Sam chugged his beer, following behind them. "Come on, man, the more the merrier," Sam suggests for Johnny and Ethan to play. Ethan was really good at football but nowhere as good as Logan who had played since I could remember. Not to mention he got into NYU to play football for them with a full scholarship.

The game was on, Steven and Sam partnered up with Johnny and Ethan, Logan was on the opposite team with Dylan and Troy. I was scared for Ethan, to say the least. I knew Logan was not going to be easy on him. Play after play, Logan kept tackling Ethan, interfering with his passes, and of course, rejoicing about it all. The game got so intense, the rest of the guys along with Logan were covered in sweat and panting as they tried to catch their breath.

Nate was fascinated by the game, placing his elbows on his knees and resting his little face on his hands. His eyes were wide and constantly kept cheering for both Ethan and Logan. "Those tattoos really make Logan look so much hotter, don't you think?" Rox says as she sits up on her chair making me grunt inwardly. Especially that tattoo under his left arm, so hot of a beast and a girl, mmmh, super hot. I think he just got it done. He still had it covered when I met him. Wonder why he got that particular tattoo?" She says getting cut off by a new voice in our group, which made me both glad but bothered all at once by her presence.

Amber came behind her, wearing a long white maxi skirt and navy blue v-neck shirt, and had her daughter with the same outfit. "Logan did not just get that tattoo. He got that tattoo back when we were in high school. Everyone knew about that tattoo because he got it for Sophie. The beast is him, that's what everyone used to call him in football. Everyone was afraid to get on his bad side because he was ruthless in the field. But then he started dating Sophie. And even though he was still the best player on the team...he was calmer. He no longer lashed out at everyone, and he was a better person overall with everyone. Thus...the words on his tattoo, 'She's the beauty that calms my beast', he only had it retouched a few months ago, which is why you saw him with the tattoo covered up when you met him." Amber says as she stands next to Ashley.

Roxie goes silent with anger. I know she's trying hard to make me angry and to get in between us, but I'm not falling for it. I won't be as stupid as I was back in high school when I ran away from Logan. He's my man, and there is no way in hell I'll let a bitch get between us. Let the games begin, Rox, now more than ever....it's time for me to show Logan how much I want him.