Darkness

💙✨💙✨💙✨💙✨💙✨💙✨💙✨

💙✨💙✨💙✨💙✨💙✨💙✨💙✨

Sophie (days later)

The days that followed were amazing. Logan confirmed to me that he wanted to marry me and soon would propose to me adequately. I didn't want to rush it though, since we were both so busy these days.

He had a big case coming up and needed to finish a few business proposals that he had going on in his agenda, so he flew out last night to be in Chicago this morning. He'll be out for at least three days.

I've been taking Nate to schooland picking him and Kenzie up on my own.

Logan is also helping his new friend Gideon after he asked him to look into a case, and he, along with Mr. Thompson are helping Gideon with this so-called case.

It shocked me to learn that Roxanne's family may be involved deeply in this case. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Seems that the reason her parents lost their money was the karmic faults of their shady impulses to betray their business partner.

Logan didn't want to tell me much since this is a private case, which I fully respect.

It's weird, I haven't seen or heard from Roxanne since we came back. Word has it that she took a long leave. God, I have a bad feeling about this though. I had the same bad feeling when I found out about mom's illness, and when Logan had sprained his ankle during a game. The same darn feeling when Nate was sick with a bad cold.

I woke up one night in the middle of the night. Nate was perfectly fine when I had put him to sleep, yet when I woke up, he was burning up. He had a bad cold that turned into bronchial pneumonia out of nowhere. I had taken all the precautions to keep his cold down, yet the unpredictable weather in California made his cold worsen just overnight.

"Have a good day baby. I'll see you later, ok?" I kissed Nate and gave him a tight bear hug. I waved as he ran inside the school, he was probably eager to see his friends before class.

I made my way inside my car and drive off. My phone rang just as I was getting close to the studio.

I glanced at the screen on my dashboard since my phone was connected to the car's Bluetooth, and see it was Nancy.

"Good morning girly," I reply with a smile on my face.

"HI, boss. Big favor!"

"Sure, what's up?"

"We're out of film paper, and the new delivery isn't here. Could you pick some up at Dale's on your way? Please? We have a shooting in two hours, and school winter pictures are tomorrow, we need to have back up."

I grunted inwardly, I knew I should have ordered overnight delivery, but I was sure we had enough to work with, so I ordered standard delivery."

"Ok, call him up and tell him I'm on my way, give him the order and I'll pay soon as I get there."

"Thanks boss, love yah!" she says in a cheerful voice.

Dale's Film & Repair's were the opposite way from where I was. So I merged onto the turning lane and made a U-turn. I drove away and stopped at a red light just a block away. I made it in, hearing the bell as the door opened, getting greeted by him.

"Hey, Sophie. Almost done getting your stuff. How are you this morning?" he says as he's getting my items and placing them in a box. Thankfully, Dale was almost finished getting my order ready.

"Hi, Dale. I'm great and you?" I say smiling at him as I reached the counter.

"Doing alright. My girl just had the baby. Thank you for the beautiful crib by the way." he says making me smile.

He had graduated a year before Logan and me. He met his wife a year after he graduated college and came back to town married right after. He just had a baby boy.

Logan and I had bought them a really pretty crib in white finished to go along with the theme she had chosen for his room.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you guys. Tell her I said congratulations. I'll let Logan know so we can stop by and say hi to the new little one. Did you guys go with Jordan or Zachary as you wanted?" Zachary was his dad's name, and he wanted to name him after him since they had a very close relationship.

"Yeah, she surprised me when I went to see her yesterday morning at the hospital. She said she had named him Zachary Jeremiah. It made me tear up. She's amazing, Soph. I love that girl." I gave him a loving look. I was so happy for them.

We talked for a few moments before I paid and went back to my car. I was feeling so happy for him and his wife. Their journey is just starting.

I made a turn in the traffic and drove away. I made a stop at another red light, turned my radio a bit higher as a song I liked came on. When the light turned green, I slowly pressed my accelerator and began to drive again.

And then.....everything changed. It was as if a faint dream began, a blur, a slow-motion cinematic dream. A loud bang, tiny glass flew everywhere, and then... The ringing in my ear.

My heart raised at a million per second, my body trembled as the adrenaline-filled my veins.

What the hell just happened?

People screamed, but I couldn't make out words. Some argued others yelled, screamed, and cried...

"You're not going anywhere. The cops are on their way. Look at you?"

"Please..... I'm begging you, I didn't mean to. She..., she came out of nowhere! I didn't see her."

What is going on? Why can't I move? I can see everything blurry! My face feels hot, my throat was dry. I grand as I tried to move and felt a sharp pain in my chest.

"She's moving. She's alive. Don't... Don't touch her." I can hear Dale's voice. Why is he here? His shop is easily three blocks away. "Sophie, don't move ok? The paramedics are on their way. Don't move her, please, give her room to breathe."

and just like that...

Everything goes dark.

💙✨💙✨💙✨🦋✨💙✨💙✨💙✨