We Found Him

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Logan

"Alright, man. We'll be in touch. And let me know if anything else comes up. See you later, Sophie." Steven yelled over my shoulder as Sophie opened up her laptop to begin working on her latest book.

"Bye uncle Steven," my little man called out to Steven as he stood by the stairs, yawning and rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

"See you later buddy." Steven calls out to him with a smile.

"Hi, baby. Did you need something?" Sophie asks Nate as he walks to the kitchen counter and takes a seat next to her, placing his head against her shoulder.

"Yeah, can I please have a Nutella and peanut butter sandwich? I'm still hungry." He asks, making us chuckle. "Of course baby. Have a seat while I make it. You should of told me you didn't get full earlier. Do you want a glass of milk with it?"

"Chocolate milk." Nate quickly adds making her giggle.

"You got a growing boy, Logan. Anyway, I should go check on my mom. I'll see you later, man." Steven and I shook again, and I stopped for a second while I felt my phone vibrate, followed by the ringing.

I glanced at the screen and saw Dylan's number. I answer quickly after showing Steven the screen. I had asked Dylan and his dad to help me ask around their marine buddies about Michael. I had promised Nate and Kenzie I'd find him, and I was going to, no matter what. I had also hired a P.I. to collaborate with them and look for any tips of his whereabouts as well. I hope his call had to do with Michael. I can't deal with any more drama between him and Troy right now.

"Hey, man. What's going on?" I said as I pursed my lips and placed my hand on my waist.

"Logan. I think dad and your P.I. found Michael." Steven and I looked at each other with a mixture of shock and excitement all at once. Kenzie might have a chance at meeting her dad soon, and this news just made my good day even better.

I looked back and see Sophie engulfed in her sandwich making while Nate took over her laptop to watch a video on YouTube.

"Seriously? This is good news. I gotta talk to them as soon as possible. Find out where he is and talk to Michael. Let him know what's going on. This is good news... real good news." Steven crossed his hands, biting on his nail from the anxiety we were both feeling. "Your P.I. has been trying to reach you, he called dad after you didn't answer." Dylan added.

"Yeah, I had my phone off for a while. I needed to charge it since I used the battery off while we drove back." I said as I remember giving it to Nate to play while we drove back from the airport. I had placed it in airplane mode the whole way and didn't put the data back until later.

If all went well, I would be getting all the information necessary from my P.I. and sergeant to find Michael. Hopefully I can convince him to talk to Amber and let him know what's going on.

"Dad is free after 7, you want to come join us for dinner? He said Gideon will be joining us to give him an envelope for you since we weren't sure if you were back from New York." He said making me smile. For all I knew, my P.I. Gideon and us could of crossed each other at the airport and didn't even realize it.

"Sounds great. I'll see you guys then." I said hanging up the phone.

Steven and I looked at each other again for second, nodding our heads and busting out in a joyful chuckle. We crashed our hands, giving each other a high five and hugging each other. "That's what I'm talking about, baby!" We cheer in unison.

"I gotta call my P.I. and find out more information."

"Wait, let me go see mom. I want to join you when you go talk to Sergeant and Gideon. I'll meet you back in a few hours to go see them." He says as he scurries away.

I close the door and run back into the kitchen, grabbing Sophie as I spin her around and crash my lips on her, hugging her tight as I spin. She squeals and giggles as I spin her.

"Babe? What happened? Who was on the phone?" She asks as I put her down and wipes my cheek from the sneered Nutella she had in her thump. "That was Dylan, babe. He says we might have found Michael."

"Really? Oh, yay, dad. I knew it... I knew you'd find him. Thank you dad." Nate says as he happily stands on the chair, making Sophie's eyes wide in fear of him falling. "Baby, don't stand on the chair, you'll fall." She says as she quickly runs to him and hugs him.

"Mom, we have to call Kenzie. She has to know. Dad, we have to tell her."

"Nate, Nate... relax buddy." I say chuckling.

"First we gotta talk to uncle Dylan's dad and make sure it's the same Michael we are looking for, ok, buddy?" I say as I hug both of them. "Soon as I find out that he is the Michael we are looking for, I will talk to Amber and then we can tell Kenzie, ok? If all goes well, Kenzie might be able to meet her dad for the first time, babe." I say as I glance between them and kiss Sophie on her lips.

She cups my cheek with her free hand, making me smile. "I'm very proud of you, you know that? You are such a caring man, Logan. I love you." She says with a smile making my grin wider.

Before Sophie came back and I met our son Nate, I truly did see Kenzie like my daughter. She is such a cutie, and it breaks my heart thinking that it's possible that Michael might not want her. A kid is a huge commitment, and not many man are willing to be responsible. I hope Michael isn't one of those douchbags.

Kenzie and Amber deserve a chance at having a whole family, a happy family, whether it's with Michael, or finding another man to fill that void. But if all is good, Michael will be sensible and think of what he will miss out on ... what he already missed out on when he decided not to come back.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨