The Best In Life

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie

As usual, Logan picked me up from the office on time and we headed towards our son's school to pick him up. It's so weird... To think that just months ago I was still living in California, still heartbroken with thoughts of Logan being unfaithful.

I never would have thought that Amber's jealousy and my bad decision of running away would separate us for so many years.

I love him so much, and I don't think I ever stopped loving him. I wonder at times what would have happened had I not run away. Would we still be together? Would we still be this madly in love, or would we have been fed up with each other? I don't think I can ever stop loving him, or get fed up with him.

He's so spontaneous, he makes me laugh so much, and there is not a dull moment in our relationship when he doesn't pay attention to the small details or is trying to make me feel comfortable around him.

I sat on the passenger's seat, with my elbow resting on the armrest and my chin resting on my hand. I couldn't help but smile as I stared at him. I know he senses me staring. He looks over his side smiling and biting his bottom lip. His left hand holds steady onto the steering wheel, and his right hand slowly caresses my chin. "What's wrong?" he asks in a low husky voice.

"Nothing. Why would there be anything wrong?" I reply making him chuckle. "I know that look, Soph. I've known you since fifth grade, remember? Can't hide shit from me. Now tell me, what's that pretty mind of yours wondering about?" He grabs my hand, interlacing our fingers together, kissing the back of my hand and placing our joint hands on the arm rest.

I chuckle, rolling my eyes and nodding my head. "Do you ever wonder if we would still be together if I hadn't,"

"Left?" He finishes off for me, making me feel a pang on my heart. He smiles, taking a big sigh and looking out the window for a second as he takes a turn onto the parking lot to the school.

"Honestly? Yes... I wonder all the time. I wondered while still in school, how different things would be roaming the halls with you by my side, having you cheer for me on the side bleachers as I played my heart out in the field, I thought of you each time I hit a mile stone, each time I achieved something... I imagined your face... cheering for me, telling me you were proud of me. But, I had to go at it all alone." He says looking away.

My heart ached at his words. I was selfish to have just left like that. To leave with his baby and not tell him about it.

"And though things were hard without you... I think... it was for the best. I would have loved for you to have been there, cheering me on, and both of us seeing how we achieved our goals. But I wondered if maybe this is how things had to be so we can both appreciate the life we have now. Sophie, I love you, I have always loved you. I tried replacing you, and I tried forgetting about you... but I can't. And I don't think I can ever love anyone else."