It's Time To Man Up

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie

"Sophie...oh thank God you're ok, sis." my little brother Jason engulfed me with a huge bear hug as they came to see me and make sure I was ok after Logan had called Steven.

I smiled and hugged him back, I can't believe he's so grown. He's gotten taller than me and is such a lady's man. Though he focuses on school and doesn't date anyone at the time. "I'm fine, baby brother. God, what the heck are you eating? You're so tall." I say making him giggle. He snickers grabs my face with his big al'hands and kisses the tip of my nose. "Just the same ol' food pops makes, short stuff."

"Now, where the heck have you been hiding? You had us worried. Logan was about to call the FBI just to look for you, I thought he was going to pass out or something." he says making me giggle, hitting my lower lip. Logan points his phone at us, "Hey if I had to, I would. She's my girl, I'd do anything to keep her safe." he says making me feel warm inside.

I give him a warm smile, wrap my arms around his middle, and rest my head on his chest. He kisses the top of my head, wrapping his hands over me. "i mean it, baby girl. I'd lose it if something ever happened to you." I look up at him, going on my tip-toes and planting a kiss on his plump lips, making him smile. "And this is why I love you. You're incredible, Logan." he smiles, tightening his arms around me.

"Oh God, you guys are so corny. Get a room already." Jason says, making us chuckle, earning himself a playful punch from Logan on his shoulder and a smack on his head by my dad, making him duck his head down, chuckling. "Jason!" dad scolds him, bidding in disbelief.

Jason grabs his shoulder and massages it. "Hot damn, brother...you still got some mean punch there. No wonder they called you the beast in Lakeview Academy," he says making Logan chuckle again.

"Yeahp, Logan indeed was one of the best players of all time our academy has held. I remember when your mom and I were in our high school years, Mr. Mitchell and a few of us played our hearts out. We went all the way to state champions that senior year." I looked at him in awe. I loved dad's life lessons and old stories, especially i=when they involved mom.

" Mom had told us that you turned down the opportunity to play for MTSU dad, is that true?" Jason asks with a sad gleam in his eyes. Dad sighs, pulling him close as he wraps an arm around his shoulders. "Your grandpa was having a hard time that year. He had lost a lot of his cattle, and we were close to losing the house. That's when Craig Mitchelle offered to help out your grandpa since they were old friends. He bought off all the cattle from grandpa, helped him pay off all his debt, and gave me a job as a helping hand on his ranch."

If there is anyone so selfless in this town, it has to be the Mitchell's family. All of them are so humble but have been blessed with great fortune.

"What happened to grandpa's ranch dad?" I ask him since grandpa now lives in a house by the lake on the other side of ours. "It's still there. It's that cute little shop at the end of the apple orchard. I didn't want to get rid of it. So when the Mitchell's helped mom and me to buy the land where we made the vineyard, I made sure to buy back the old house and the land with it." Logan hugged me tightly around my waist. His chest pressed against my back, allowing me to feel his warmth. His chin softly rested on my shoulder as we listened to dad's story of how we came to be the second family to own a successful vineyard in our town.

"It was then when I first saw my dad's struggles that I realized that there comes a time for a boy to man up, and fill his responsibilities. Your aunt Kelly was still pretty young, but you should have seen her... She worked on our vineyard so hard. She didn't allow your grandpa to pick up any tool, making him rest. Even at home, she helped mom and Hailey with cooking and cleaning. There was no stopping her. She was determined, she was so much like you when she was young, baby." he says, making me smile.

"Here you guys are. Glad to see you found her, bro." Steven says as we sat around together, listening to dad's stories. We turn, seeing Lexie, Troy, Dylan, and Steven walking together. I roll my eyes as I felt annoyed by his presence. I know I shouldn't be mad, whatever happened between Roxanne and him is none of my concern. But this was different. It involved an innocent little girl.

"Hey, bud. Took you guys long enough. Where's your date?" Logan says making Steven grunt.

"She left. Didn't even bother to say, bye bro. She just hopped onto a cab and took off." he says making Logan chuckle and nod his head. "What did you do to her this time? You two are scandalous together man." Steven sighs, closing his eyes and tilting his head towards heaven.

"Man, if only I knew. She went to the bathroom all happy and shit, but she came back all pissed off. She just grabbed her purse and took off. Didn't even bother looking back. I felt like an idiot yelling after her to be her damn attention." I sneered sarcastically at his statement. It was hard for me to believe if he was being sincere and was truly worried about her or not.

Logan glanced at me quizzically, and Steven knew something was wrong. He didn't say a word, he rubbed the back of his head, clearing his throat.

"Are you ok, baby?" Logan asked, smirking and glancing at Steven who quickly looks away from us. "I'm fine...just, a little tired," I respond.

"Listen, I'm just gonna head out. I have to go back on duty tomorrow morning. My shift starts at 5 in the morning, and it's getting pretty late, so...yeah," he adds, pointing to the back of him. He shakes hands with Logan, clashing their shoulders together and they say goodbye to each other, he waves everyone off, then turns to me and gives me an apologetic smile. "Good night, Sophie," he says quietly, waving towards me. I sigh, as I rest my elbow on the tabletop and wave towards him. "Good night, Steven," I say, looking away and running my hands across my face.

He begins walking away but soon stops. He places his hands on either side of his hips, throwing his head back. "You know, Sophie, for all it's worth... I'm really trying to make things right. I know I fucked up, and if..." he says turning towards me, letting me know that he knew exactly why I was bothered.

"If I can somehow prove that little girl is mine, I will make sure she has a good home and I'm in her life. Believe me, I'm trying my best."

"You don't need to explain anything to me, Steven. I'm not the one you walked out on, am I?" I replied a little annoyed.

Logan glanced between us, "Uh, what's going on here? Steven, what are you two talking about, and why is Sophie talking to you like she's ready to rip your head off?"

"Yeah, Steven. Why would I be upset with you, and what little girl are you talking about?" I tap my chin pensively, pursing my lips as if thinking of what to say. "Hhm, could it be...Kaitlyn, by any chance? Let me ask you something, Steven, does Logan and the rest of your friends know that you and Roxie have a daughter together?"

"Wow, wait... Roxanne has a kid?" Lexie asks, while Troy whistles and Dylan clenches his jaw. "I... Sophie, I know you're mad. I don't know what she's told you but believe me, I really am trying to fix our situation. I don't know if her daughter is mine, I really don't...but if she is, I'm willing to be responsible."

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨