01.

::

"Break up with Choi Seungcheol?" She looked at him, eyes cast low. Gritting her teeth at his ridiculous thoughtless demand, Yuri repeated, "Break up with Choi Seungcheol? Are you fucking insane?"

"Now now, let's not get angry," he held up his hand in defence, startled by the change in atmosphere, "I'm just a representative of the company. Nothing good is going to come out of swearing at me."

Yuri cocked her head to the side, "And speaking politely has?"

The man in front of her was sweating bullets at the drastic change in attitude. Unrealistic demands had been put forth before but she had accepted them both upon seeing reason. This time, however, she refused to listen to what he had to say for himself. "It's not like that. You need to think from the company's point of view... We're taking in big trouble to—"

"Bill it to me." Yuri cut him off before he could spew another excuse, "You're paying for the contract expulsions of three girls. That's the bone you've been waving over my head for the past hour, hasn't it?" She looked down at him, "Bill it to me. Like trainees turned idols, I'll take in debt."

Yuri took a deep breath and crossed her legs, leaning back, "Bill their amount to me. I'll work without pay until the debt is paid in full." One look at her determined eyes and the man knew she meant it, "But this means, I no longer agree to any of the demands aforementioned. I will not be a vocal trainer and I will not let my members take a one year break."

"B-but—"

"The name I-Doll may no longer work, I understand but that doesn't mean I'll let you make use of me as you please." Yuri sitting in that dark walled room of the new Hybe building took command, "Big Hit is debuting a new girl group, isn't it? My three members will be in the debut lineup. That's the price you pay for having me in your company."

Yuri had over three hundred songs registered under her name in the past two and a half years. From BTS B-sides to Seventeen and about every notable artist out there, Yuri had taken any work that came to her, making it big as a composer before she debuted. "I've worked with Big Hit before on a free contract basis. As a past trainee and composer, ensuring my smooth transfer is the least you can do."

The representative grew silent in front of her as he considered Yuri's words. He'd made a big mistake mentioning Choi Seungcheol in front of her and the aftermath of it was starting to seep in. He grew calm, sitting upright, "Alright. You'll be debited the amount but your members will undergo a few tests. If they are as capable as you think them to be, they should reign through. If they're good enough, they'll debut right away."

Yuri's eyes narrowed, "And the fairness of these tests?"

"It is assured." The man promised, "You will not be required to be a vocal trainer or terminate your relationship."

He was giving up on it? Yuri frowned, something about this deal seemed suspicious, "Is there anything more to it?"

The man grinned, "As you know, debuting artists experience a 3-year non-dating clause. In your case, Scoups has already finished the 3-year mark but you haven't. As a result, we'll place certain restrictions on your movement and meeting for a minimum year and a half."