18.

::

"We need to talk."

Everyone knew the magic words to being screwed. Yuri sighed, softly grabbing her hair in thought. She could roughly guess what it was that Seungcheol wanted to ask and the answer she could not give.

Yuri glanced around the room and the state of her own self. This was a mess. What were they doing, starting an argument in the middle of a hospital room? They were idols and the situation was nothing less than scandalous. Yuri let out a frustrated sigh, before beginning, "Cheol-ssi, we'll talk another time." She clutched her hand, looking everywhere but at him, "I pulled out my IV in a hurry and I need it looked at first and then sort out the situation with Jung Min. We need to make sure he keeps his mouth shut about the punch and—"

"Are you okay?" Seungcheol's swift words cut her off.

Yuri glanced at him, perplexed by the unexpected question. "What?" Wasn't this supposed to be about their relationship?

Seungcheol was frowning, angry almost but holding it all back to the best of his ability. But rather than it all, his eyes displayed pain. "Your hand," he spoke with his teeth gritted, gently holding the area above her elbow, "You fainted." He supplied simply, an explanation to the painted confusion on her face. "Are you even okay?"

Yuri realised then. There was a lot that Seungcheol had wanted to say. But he was holding back. The restraint on his face was obvious.

"I'm okay." Yuri breathed. She had been testing his patience without realising that it was much too dangerous a game to play. Seungcheol's protectiveness had taken leaps and bounds since the Yeon-Hwi incident and now it was reaching its peak. She had to do something to douse the fire, "I'm physically fine, I promise. This altercation was a one time thing and won't repeat itself."

Seungcheol let a forced nod as if pushing himself to adapt with the situation. Gaze stuck onto the dried blood seeping out her arm, he tried to erase the image of how weak Yuri had once been when the Police had finally rescued her from Yeon Hwi. He convinced himself she was as well as she described herself to be. Nothing was wrong.

"Okay." He answered her, disappointed in the lack of details. Like stones stuck in his throat, he found it difficult to say anything else and a strange silence swallowed them until a nurse discovered Yuri walking around without the IV. It had moved on promptly from then on. He had bowed silently as one after another the doctor and Yuri's group members had shown themselves in. Seungcheol made himself scarce after that.

Typing out a short message to Yuri informing her of his leave, SCoups returned to the shoot he had so hastily abandoned.

::

::

Yuri felt like a fool.

She could see Seungcheol's frustration clear as day but did nothing to remedy it. Her relationship had already begun fraying at the ends but now it was equipped with her blatant refusal to respond and his stubborn inability to ask her anything. But what was she to say even if he were to ask? Her past had always been taboo. Coups roughly knew of the truth but only the distorted simplified version that had managed to reach the airs.