10.

::

"I'm special."

Yuri wondered if her brother ever truly made that same face in front of other people. It was between absolute disgust and minor humour, a scoff that was followed by his usual eye roll. Pouring a glass for herself, she joined the two in the main room, sitting next to Seungcheol.

Jihoon viewed the closeness between the two, with Yuri leaning back on Seungcheol's shoulder. His eyes narrowed, "Weren't you two in a fight or something? I thought I'd be covering up the fumes if I came here."

"Oh for God's sakes, Oppa." Yuri frowned when he'd brought the topic up. Seungcheol seemed confused and Jihoon wondered if he didn't know. "You can't say everything I tell you out loud."

Coups glanced to his side, slightly uncomfortable. "Is this about Jung Min?" He asked gently. Yuri hadn't spoken about the subject since then and Seungcheol didn't want to push her. Yuri nodded carefully, facing downward. Taking his hand in hers, she decided that fiddling with his fingers was a better pastime than saying anything else. Seungcheol observed her, his gaze low.

"We're not fighting

"We're not fighting." He spoke up after a long silence, finally turning to Woozi, "I'm merely waiting. I'm sure Yuri will come to me if she ever needs help." He nodded, understanding. Seungcheol smiled softly as he intertwined fingers with her, "I trust her. So there's no reason to fight."

Jihoon couldn't interfere with the two when they looked so perfect together. Yuri was young, eager to prove herself out to the world and Seungcheol was a child in a leader's disguise. Coups was always responsible, yes, but for him to respond with such patience and maturity astounded Jihoon. There was only one word he could give to the feeling that bubbled up inside him then: gratitude.

They'd changed. And it was time for Jihoon to let go.

::

"Thank you." Yuri's words floated a little above the sound of water, "For what you said in front of Oppa."

Placing the empty bowls of rice and chopsticks in the sink, Yuri glanced at Seungcheol while grabbing a glove. He seemed uninterested as he gathered the recyclables in one bag and the rest in another. "I meant it." He spoke suddenly, walking up to Yuri. "No matter what, I will stand by you." Placing a small kiss on her head, Seungcheol left to resume what he'd been doing.

He'd said he would wait. But Yuri worried that it was only a matter of time before the hurt would become too much for Coups. There was, after all, little to say in a relationship with secrets than not.

"I'm joining a new variety show soon," Yuri spoke, causing Seungcheol to look up at her while she continued with the dishes. "A weekend variety. They said Yu Jae Seok's leading it."

"Can't go wrong with that." Seungcheol commented, "What's it about?"

"Visiting homes of popular celebrities and observing their lifestyles?" She tried to remember what the PD at SBS had talked of, "Something like a mix of I Live Alone and 1 Night 2 Days with games and all that. They said there's a preliminary shoot tomorrow morning but haven't mentioned much in detail." Wiping her hands on a kitchen towel, she smiled, "I guess I'll know more when I contact them tomorrow. I've already booked an appointment at the hair salon in the morning."