25.

::

"If I close my eyes, will it all go away?"

Yuri's soft whisper caught the ears of her makeup artist. Raising an eyebrow in surprise, the professional continued to brush on her cheeks. Then silently worrying if the comment was meant to be heard, the MUA asked, "Is the concept not to your liking, Yuri-ssi?"

"Ah, no no." Yuri denied the claim, assuring the staff member right away. Blinking twice, she barely glanced at her reflection then, "The make up came out really well today, thank you."

Convinced, the artist completed their task and left to call the hairstylist. Yeo Jeong who had been listening in from the side, leaned forward with a concerned expression, "Are you alright Yuri-yah? You look really out of it right now." The two, Yeo Jeong and Yuri had been invited to promote their upcoming album in advance at Yuri's recent weekly variety show.

It had been a connect-by-luck event when the staff had their guest cancel unexpectedly. Yuri had stepped up, guaranteeing that she would make up for the comedy with her group member, if invited, thereby securing a spot on prime time television. Despite her convictions however, it was Yuri who looked distraught and unfocused.

Yuri gave a weak nod, "I'm fine." She answered, trying to pull herself together. "There's nothing more important than this."

Yuri's eyes may have turned to her but they were focused on something far behind Yeo Jeong, staring into the wall listlessly.

Yeo Jeong was concerned. Things had been suspicious ever since the new CEO had stepped in. The woman had expressed her interest in raising I-Doll to success with a mother's heart but Yeo Jeong didn't buy it. How could she? Yuri's sudden choice to sign back with the company may have saved the three members from severe contract cancellation charges but it was unlike Yuri. Her friend wasn't the type to look back on decisions or settle for less. Why then, had she taken a step so drastic that left everyone shocked?

"This is important," Yeo Jeong agreed with Yuri's ambition, "But so are you." Glancing at the returning staff, Yeo Jeong offered without digging further, "What do you say to a drink after this? Just us two?"

The Yuri Yeo Jeong knew was not weak. Lee Yuri did not compromise, she overcame every situation unfailingly. It was now up to Yeo Jeong to give her friend the support she needed and figure out why the reliable, communicative leader of I-Doll had tuned into radio silence. 

Yuri let a smile reach her face momentarily. It wasn't in the present that her joy remained but the memory of a man she'd often hear those words from. Choi Seungcheol. He was the only one she'd ever want to share drinks with again.

 He was the only one she'd ever want to share drinks with again

"I can't," Yuri finally spoke, "I've got to work on my music."

This. The line hit a nerve. "What is with you?" Yeo Jeong frowned. The sentence had become her go-to excuse. "You're always working on your music. I get it, work's important but so is balancing it with the rest. I'd understand if you used it as an excuse to sneak off with your boyfriend somewhere but you don't go anywhere these days! Everyone knows it. It's okay if you don't want to go out with me but don't lie," she grew exasperated by the repeated words she'd heard on multiple occasions. "What good is an excuse if you don't get anything fun out of it?"