20.

::

"I have enough money for the both of us, so let's end this ridiculous act already, Yuri."

Scoups strode onto the clear marble of her living room determined to find a solution

Scoups strode onto the clear marble of her living room determined to find a solution. The very possibility of Woozi's words being true made it impossible for him to leave the matter alone. Yeon Hwi was example enough. It was time to be careful over careless.

Ambling his way onto his girlfriend, Seungcheol dropped his car keys in his pocket and wiped his sweating hands on his shorts. In a few steps, he had passed Woozi's stance and had reached over to Yuri, taking her small face in his palms gently. Making his own kind of analysis, he looked her over, wiping a thumb over the sprawled-out tears on her cheek. Seungcheol gritted his teeth, trying to conceal the pain that flashed onto his face at the sight of her. Yuri had cried. Again.

"Who did this to you?" Scoups mumbled, his voice barely above a whisper. "Is this all over someone insignificant again?"

Yuri would cross islands for the people she cared about. Seungcheol had experienced it firsthand. What he did not understand, however, was why she was being kind to the people that did not deserve it? Jung Min. Ever since he'd gotten involved, Yuri had been holding back on cutting him off. The reasons were beginning to blur for Seungcheol. "Is all of this over some simple money?"

Seungcheol had gotten comfortable around Yuri

Seungcheol had gotten comfortable around Yuri. His mind had travelled to his lips and he refused to keep anything from her. But Yuri's pride heard those words a little differently. Unbeknownst to them, something had changed in the air between the two. Silent for the first time since her brother had barged into her old house, Yuri glanced at her boyfriend with scrutinising eyes. "What?" Her lips curved downward, "What do you mean?"

"I heard you've signed elsewhere." Seungcheol supplied a short summary of his frustrating journey so far, "When I reached your apartment, it was all emptied out. Do you know how scared I was to see that?" He paused, "No matter how hurried you felt, did you have to do it all so suddenly and without notice? If it's the contract fine that bothered you, I could always help you with it, procedure and all."