04.

::

Seungcheol turned off v-live after a good talk with his fans, enthusiastically saying bye with a jarring silence and no pop-up notifications that followed

Seungcheol turned off v-live after a good talk with his fans, enthusiastically saying bye with a jarring silence and no pop-up notifications that followed. While the current situation was comfortable, he lamented about the past days. Watching older videos made him yearn for the stage once more, amongst cheers and surprises.

But then again, he'd been different back then. If he wanted to go back to being in the shape he once was, he'd have to pull off another diet.

Setting his notebook and pen away, he called the next number on his recent list, waiting for the receiver to click on the other end, "Hey, Bumzu-hyung? Are you busy?"

"For now, yeah." The man on the other side waved him off with a somewhat free answer.

"I wrote a few bars, hyung. Thought I'd come over and have you hear it out." Seungcheol explained, "If you're at the studio with Yuri, I can just wait till you guys are done and leave with her?"

"Uh..." Bumzu hesitated slightly, inaudibly talking to someone else in the distance for a second. It sounded like a woman's voice—Yuri? Were they arguing?

Bumzu came back to the call in a few moments, "Not right now, Coups." He heard a door shut loud, "Uh, Yuri just left and I don't think I'll have any time today. So just record it on your phone and send it to me, yeah?"

"But Yuri—"

"Yeah yeah, we'll talk about everything later. Bye." The call came to an end abruptly with Bumzu's hurried remarks and Seungcheol's growing confusion. He could feel it tugging at the end of his sleeve, the error of missing out on the possible obvious. Something was off about this.

::

::

"Yuri! Yuri-yah, wait!" Bumzu spoke, watching her pack her books in her bag. "Look, I'm sorry I said you should just take the original deal with the company. I don't want the two of you to break up either, okay?"

She paused, eyes on the books. "I would never go against you sunbae-nim. You got me a back deal into composing even after I had to leave as a trainee. I owe you my success and everything that came with it." Heart beating rapidly, anger and frustration running through her veins, Yuri looked at him like she'd been betrayed, "You know better than anyone how much I believe in loyalty in the relationships I form. So, please don't suggest leaving Seungcheol for some petty contract, Sunbae-nim."