06.

::

Seungcheol couldn't help but feel uneasy about this friend of Yuri's. She'd agreed to arrange a meeting for now but her hesitance unnerved him. Ever since he'd shown up, Yuri had been different, troubled, uncomfortable. She was hiding things, resisting.

Be it words or less, Yuri had delayed his meeting with Jung Min as long as she could. For someone as loyal as Yuri to be so careful about a 'friend' was suspicious, the story included. She said he was simply someone she'd helped out financially in the past but that didn't make any sense. What money did she have as a child to support someone else? With a difficult childhood like hers, what did it take for her to trust a man like him?

Seungcheol was broken out of his thoughts when he felt a pat on his shoulder, "—hyung, you there?" Hoshi was waving a hand in front of him, talking to him

Seungcheol blinked, "Yeah yeah. Sorry, I spaced out for a bit. Were you saying something?"

"I was talking about the move you keep getting wrong. Was asking when's a good time for you so we could practice together." Soonyoung spoke, "But what has you so distracted?"

Seungcheol shook his head, pulling himself together. "It's nothing. About that practice though..."

::

"Yes, I've had a meeting with the realtors." Yuri heard her contact speak over the phone, "The property has been listed but it is estimated to take time before it will be leased out."

Pausing slightly, she considered her words, "Do we not have a high chance of leasing it out to celebrity families? Rain and his wife live in the area too. The committee would enjoy having a family in the area more than anything."

"It's a tempting offer but people with money often prefer buying the house instead of leasing it." Her contact explained, "The bigger the property, there difficult it gets to let it out."

There was a slight pause. Yuri did not reply to the new information.

"What about reducing the maintenance fee?" It was the last resort every realtor came to, negotiating the price to sell quick.

Yuri sighed, "Absolutely not." If they were starting to take the regular course to selling, she was not going to tolerate. "Please let me know when suitable opportunities arrive."

"Right, of course."

::

Jung Min passed by a large array of people seated to reach the back of the restaurant. Passing through the staff area and the kitchens, he finally came to a stop in front of a small door stated VIP. Hidden from the rest, he knew where bode this old restaurant's secrets.

"You're late." Was the first thing Yuri spoke, watching Jung Min step in, leaving his shoes out.

They were set up with food already on the table, chopsticks still damp with the last dish tasted. Yuri and Seungcheol had been waiting half an hour since, deciding to simply order food first in hopes that Jung Min would show up. "My apologies for the delay," he spoke, an ever sly smile on his cheeks. "You waited patiently though." His eyes wandered over the two that were seated, "Like little puppies."

The comment irked Coups as intended, causing him to raise an eyebrow in disbelief. Yuri, on the other hand was more interested in dividing the noodles they'd ordered between the two. Five seconds passed and her sharp voice cut through with a command, "Sit down, Jung Min-ah. Stuff your mouth so you can open it less."

She'd come prepared to deal with all the bullshit Jung Min was about to spout today. If Seungcheol was going to hear of the wrong story, she would find a 'the end' to the storyteller. Seungcheol could only stare at Yuri with intrigue.

Placing a small piece of kimchi onto his spoon, he watched Jung Min be taken in cold surprise, "Eat this too, Cheol-ssi. It was really yummy when I tried it earlier." Her sweet smile was a complete contradiction from her attitude towards Jung Min.

Seungcheol wasn't going to complain

Seungcheol wasn't going to complain. He didn't like Jung Min, quite straight out but hadn't expected Yuri to be the one hostile towards her own friend. The attitude was new and somewhat refreshing. Seungcheol hid his victory, "So, Jung Min, we've met before."

Jung Min was looking around the menu and the table as he answered, "And we meet again." He seemed to be contemplating between a bowl of Jajjangmyeon and Tangsuyuk. "Tell me, Scoups-ssi, are you in love with your girlfriend?"

The question seemed out of nowhere but with Jung Min's casual tone, he made it happen, "You came to pick her up all the way to the party. Plenty of people could've recognised you but you didn't seem to care." He called over the waiter as Seungcheol frowned at the indifferent attitude, ordering both, Tangsuyuk and Jajjangmyeon. Yuri was straight out glaring at him but Jung Min paid no heed.

Seungcheol let his hand fall over Yuri's, gripping it softly, "What I feel about my girlfriend is none of your business."

Jung Min shrugged, "You're right

Jung Min shrugged, "You're right. I shouldn't be concerned for your failing relationship amidst Yuri's disbandment." He casually pulled the tiny plate of radishes next to him, "I hear I-Doll is dying soon, hmm?"

Seungcheol blinked. What? This was the first he was hearing of this. I-Doll was Yuri's life. She'd spent years building the concept, picking the right members and writing the phenomenal songs that gave the group a spotlight of their own. And what? They were disbanding? "No, no no. There's something wrong about that statement. Yuri would never—" Seungcheol paused mid-sentence, turning to Yuri who looked just as shocked. There was a soft realisation in her face, a harsh wound just brought out to light.

Eyes wide and slight tremor to her voice, Yuri spoke, eyes cast down, "How do you know?"

::