12.

::

Jung Min's eyes scanned the house thoroughly. Yuri had clearly moved out, from the lack of any personal furniture or items lying around. It also seemed she had made a thorough check in separating both the ground and first floors. The first floor was being offered as a working studio with a separate entrance from the back and the ground floor was a residential space, the connection to which was completely closed off.

Despite being the same property, Yuri had divided both spaces in a way that its tenants would have no reason to meet with boundaries set for the garden as well. While the ground floor enjoyed the feel of luxurious housing with a pool on the side, the first floor was a practical workspace for those who preferred a personal controlled work environment. Jung Min thought about it. There could not have been a better choice for what he wished to set up.

Dialling an international number in the middle of the day, he brought his phone up to his ear, "Daepyo-nim," he snickered victoriously as he addressed the party on the other end, "What do you think of coming back to your home country, Korea? Are y...

Dialling an international number in the middle of the day, he brought his phone up to his ear, "Daepyo-nim," he snickered victoriously as he addressed the party on the other end, "What do you think of coming back to your home country, Korea? Are you not curious about the child you left behind?"

The person on the other end chose to remain silent, humouring the antics of her caller. But Jung Min did not need any encouragement to continue, he was overflowing with tons in place of his benefactor, "For how much longer are you going to continue watching from afar? I've found the perfect place for you and our new company to set up its work."

"Our?"

Jung Min gulped at the gravity in the woman's voice, "N-no. Yours, of course." He quickly admitted, fearful of the strength she held. "I'm just guarding your post here until you come, Daepyo-nim. So, won't you come to check it out?"

She didn't like the cheekiness of the man she was talking to. But it was the closest connection to Yuri that she could grab to keep an eye on what was going on. Jung Min too, was dispensible, with a lot of greed and enough wit to put her plans in motion. With Yuri growing further out of her reach, it was time for her to sharpen her claws and see the truth with her own eyes, "So?" She asked, interested, "What is this perfect place you're talking about?"

Jung Min grinned wide at the sound of that, "Why? Of course," he spoke, "It's your daughter's house after all."

::

Yuri had reached a little early, with Seungcheol leaving her to go grocery shopping at the supermarket nearby. Having checked and reapplied the makeup under her eye and over her shoulder, Yuri looked at herself in the mirror, scanning over the tiniest details until she was satisfied.

The variety show opening was scheduled in the cafe, meaning no waiting room or makeup room was provided. Cast members were merely asked to wait in their cars on standby. But Coups had already left with the car and Yuri had spent fifteen minutes fixing her makeup, leaving her no time to waste. She directly entered the shoot after asking for permission.