02.

::

"Break!" Seungkwan spoke, gripping his knees bending, "I need a break!"

1st set 11-8
2nd set 10-11
3rd set 10-7 (ongoing)

Three sets through and exhaustion was finally seeping through their bones. They'd started with too high in spirit perhaps that they'd simply ignored all breaks. Coups and Mingyu were in the lead by a few points but Yuri was putting up a fair fight. The outdoor court was just as lively as it was beginning to grow cold out.

Yuri conceded to Seungkwan's desperate cry for a break, sweat rolling down her face. Mingyu too seemed to appreciate the break as he stepped out to the stands.

Seungcheol pushed a bottle of water in her direction, wiping his own sweat, "Don't overdo it." His gaze was kind and Yuri felt her guard drop.

Yuri was competitive and competent

Yuri was competitive and competent. She hated losing. He knew. But despite it all, Seungcheol couldn't help it—"I don't like seeing you get hurt. Be careful."

Sipping water during the break, Yuri watched him from the corner of her eye, looking away from him immediately, softened by his words. His gaze stayed however, his beautiful eyes trailing down her silhouette, waiting for an answer.

Yuri sighed, responding softly, "You too, Cheol."

Getting up, she escaped to Seungkwan who was trying his new protein shake. Instead, she secretly watched her boyfriend roll his sleeves up and run his hand through his hair like the other two on the court didn't exist. For a second, she wondered, had she used all the luck of her life in getting him?

As soon as the game resumed, Seungcheol found Mingyu, "Let's get this last point. It's getting colder," He watched Yuri discuss strategy in her sleeveless jersey sticking close to her body, "I don't want her to get sick."

::

Yuri headed the ball over the net, the spin slightly close to the line. It was a difficult judgement, if it landed in, it would score a good point but out, it would lose them one. Coups chose the former. Receiving it lightly, he tossed it to Mingyu who reacted with a quick kick.

Yuri had been on the opposite end and nowhere close enough to reach it in time. But unlike her frozen stance at the light falling over her a few months back, Yuri moved. She tried. The ball touched the ground before she could reach but this time, she moved. She reacted and that decided the match.

Yuri groaned as the whistle sounded, not wanting it to end so soon. Seungkwan walked over from the back, realising it had ended.

They'd lost by the thin of a hair and Seungkwan patted her back proudly, "You did well, Yuri. Not many men would've lasted as well as you did. It was really good."

"Thanks sunbae," Yuri spoke apologetically, "You supported me so much too. Couldn't have gotten the second set without you." They walked to the stands as they exchanged greetings with Mingyu and Seungcheol.

The game had been a quick end after the break and Yuri thanked Mingyu for joining them this time around. "Remind me to never go up against you if we ever play basketball." She spoke, laughing, handing him a bottle of water.

Suddenly feeling warm fabric on her shoulders, Yuri turned around to see Seungcheol drape a jacket over her. "Keep this on you. You'll catch a cold otherwise."

Warmed to her nose, Yuri buried her blush in his large hoodie, walking to the changing room without a second wasted

Warmed to her nose, Yuri buried her blush in his large hoodie, walking to the changing room without a second wasted. No matter what the game or what the outcome, Seungcheol was always nice to her and it somehow always worked. Mingyu who'd gotten a look at her face only laughed as she walked away shyly.

::

"You're wearing the hoodie?" Seuncheol smiled victoriously, watching her wrap it around her even after having changed. He'd been waiting outside the waiting room for her to return, having finished changing first.

"You gave it to me. I'm not giving it back so soon." She spoke, a ghost of blush still on her face as they began walking in the direction of her car. "What happened to Seungkwan and Mingyu-sunbae?" She asked, noticing the two weren't with him, "Aren't we all going for dinner together?"

"They had plans," Seungcheol spoke, not wanting to tell her that he'd pushed the two away to have dinner alone with his girlfriend for once. Matching schedules was hard enough as is, he wasn't going to forgo any little time they'd found together. Coolly walking to the car, he handed Yuri the keys, sitting down in the passenger's seat, "Loser drives."

Yuri scoffed, taking the wheel, a suspicious look on her face. Something didn't seem to add up about the other two suddenly leaving but she let it slide. "So, the same place in Hongdae then?"

Seuncheol nodded, "Meat it is!"

::