23.

::

Contrary to belief, Seungcheol was not doing well

Contrary to belief, Seungcheol was not doing well. After his convincing speech with the variety twins, Joshua and Seokmin, he found himself sitting by himself over some stronger alcohol alone in his room. The rum slid through his throat in a burning rage, somehow compensating for his heart which was equally on fire. Jeonghan had caught onto the lies his friend was capable of and feared that his suspicions were right.

Entering Seungcheol's room across his, Jeonghan sighed at the sight. There he was, slurping a glass alone, no traces of food around. For the first time, Jeonghan hated how right he was. He had expected this. At this rate, Seungcheol was going to self-destruct. Was he truly on an edge separate from the rest? Were Seungcheol's scars worse than he'd predicted?

Jeonghan knew he would have to wipe the tears off his friend one day or another. He'd predicted it from the start. Because Yuri made Seungcheol impulsive. She drove him to try things the man would've carefully considered a thousand times before giving in. Jeonghan had always watched. He had observed silently, the dreadfully ominous relationship that always ended in injury to one of the two. Why? Why did his friend have to deal with something like that? No relationship that shaky could ever be stable.

He sighed. To Jeonghan, it would've been much less of a worry had they been a normal couple.

Jeonghan entered the elder's range of vision, deliberately seating himself in front of the newfound sommelier. "You lied," He frowned, sitting down, and pouring himself a glass too, "What kind of a person just drinks alone on an empty stomach?"

Seungcheol was quiet, watching Jeonghan taste a sip of the bottle he'd procured. It was an expensive vintage he'd been saving for an important occasion but after Yuri's departure from his life, Seungcheol worried that such a day would never come.

He watched the younger's face scrunch up at how strong the liquid had been, judging Seungcheol within minutes. Jeonghan then reached out to the phone by the bedside and quickly ordered room service. There had to be something to water down the fiery taste. When all was done, Jeonghan looked at the man in front of him pointedly, "How can you possibly digest this?"

"You shouldn't have much," Seungcheol slurred, his voice relatively lower than usual. The alcohol had settled in but he wasn't drunk, "We still have practice early morning and the concert the day after. Go and sleep."