29.

::

A/N This chapter lightly insinuates dark themes such as an attempt to suicide and anyone uncomfortable with the thought can skip it.

It is suggested and touched upon lightly. 

::

Dr. Kim read through the report her resident had thoroughly prepared, a hand on her lips. With a deep sigh, she exhaustively contemplated on the results before entering the VIP ward. Her footsteps echoed against the polished floors, her white coat fluttering around her. Dr. Kim stopped in place upon entering her patient's room, stunned for a second by it's unexpected visitors.

A trio of handsome men surrounded the patient's bed, nearly covering the patient from view itself. They displayed a multitude of expressions upon seeing the doctor, one even bowing slightly. Dr. Kim temporarily worried about a breach. Visitors were not allowed. How did these men get in?

Her keen eyes fell onto the nurse stationed by the side, likely the one to have guided the men there. "Nurse, do you have the guardian's permission for any approved visitors?" No one was allowed into the VIP ward, rank or rage, without permission of the patient's custodian. In a simple sense, her sharp gaze asked the men if they had the qualifications to be here.

"There was a change in guardian, Doctor. Mr. Lee Jihoon," The nurse pointed at the shortest in the room, making hasty introductions, "—has signed and completed additional formalities as the patient's brother."

Dr

Dr. Kim nodded in acknowledgement, dismissing the nurse thereafter. Briefly greeting the guardian, the professional headed over to Yuri's bed. Dr Kim then observed Lee Yuri for a moment, reading the monitors attached to the bed. She glanced at Yuri, noting the delicate lines of exhaustion etched on her face despite her youthful appearance. The young idol had been admitted in a frenzy, the struggles of the night showing exhaustion.

With a gentle smile, the doctor approached Yuri's bedside and said, "Yuri-ssi, how are you feeling today? Are you feeling any discomfort or pain anywhere?"

Yuri's voice was faint but composed, an unusual redness evident on her cheeks as she replied, "I'm feeling much better doctor."

The child was diligent and honest in Dr. Kim's eyes. Her brows furrowed in concern of the girl's pain. "I understand that you've been through a lot. I've prescribed some medicines and I need you to take absolute rest today. If you feel any inconvenience, press the button there or inform the nurse. She will call for the resident doctor or me immediately, alright?"

Yuri nodded gratefully, her eyes reflecting a mixture of resilience and vulnerability. Glad to see some colour returning to her pale face, Dr. Kim scanned the atmosphere of the room. Lee Yuri looked visibly much more comfortable than the morning. Concluding that the people in the room had some hand in it, the doctor decided to trust it's occupants.

After a few more questions and a simple examination, the doctor strictly instructed bedrest. She suggested a few changes in medicine to the resident trailing behind her. Dr. Kim then turned to the guardian, "Jihoon-ssi, could I please talk to you for a while outside?"