27.

::

"Rather," Seungcheol looked back on the actions of his friends, "You're here to tell me everything, aren't you?"

It was odd. Woozi had promised Yuri that he would not interfere in her relationship with Seungcheol, knowing how difficult it was. Woozi had kept his side of the bargain, repeatedly and in multiple situations. But now that Jeonghan had clearly intervened, was Jihoon using it an opportunity to speak his heart out?

Jihoon hid a smile. It was inappropriate for the mood in the room. Setting up and using Jeonghan's guilt to somehow get the river of information flowing was quite the sly trick. But it was the best he had.

Jihoon nodded, confirming Seungcheol's thoughts. There was no longer a need to be evasive. He had already meddled in his sister's story and he could not allow the ending to be so difficult. It was strenuous on a lot of people and Jihoon had to find a solution before anyone grew tired.

"Yuri's reaction this time was severe and I can't help but think that this situation is not of her own creation. You two look good together and don't really deserve to drift apart like this," He revealed his intentions, the soft worry of a brother filtering through the cracks of his strong facade, "More than anything, I want Yuri to be happy. She was the brightest when she was still with you."

Cheol heaved in a deep breath. He was moved by the deep-seated trust in Jihoon's confession. Jihoon had always watched over the two but for the first time, Seungcheol felt like he'd truly received Jihoon's approval. It was different. It did not matter who'd eaten more years to their name. Jihoon's words attested that he'd truly entrusted the care of his sister to Seungcheol. He had acknowledged family, in its truest sense.

"You must think this is temporary too," Seungcheol spoke with a derisive smile on his face, "This breakup."

Seungcheol's mind ran to all the possibilities that he'd turned his back to, the logic of his trials never escaping him. He had repeatedly told himself that he had lost Yuri-that it was a regret he'd keep for the rest of his life. Yet although it was done now, he shamelessly wished he could undo it. If Jihoon wanted to open the box of skeletons she had hid, he would do it.

Whatever it takes. He wanted to know what it was that separated them in the blink of an eye and if there was something be could do to change it. His heartbreak had been severe and although Seungcheol tried his best to call it an aftereffect of love, but somewhere in his heart, he was hurt too.

So, he wanted to know. And Jihoon would give him it. "Tell me everything g then. From the start and very first time you met Yuri, Jihoon-ah."

Jihoon looked around Jeonghan's messy room and out the large picturesque windows

Jihoon looked around Jeonghan's messy room and out the large picturesque windows. The sun had settled in its place in the sky and its rays were busy travelling through the mid-summer air. In a foreign land and in a foreign space, Lee Jihoon would tell a tale that was not his.