05.

::

S.Coups.

He'd named himself after much thinking and liked it even when he felt embarrassed of it. It was long, difficult to go viral and often misinterpreted. His name was pain yet given a choice, he wouldn't exchange it for the world. The name was there, like an annoying sibling in a family—difficult at times but loved and protected at the end of the day.

"Do I have to do this?" He asked, signing his name on the document in front of him. The proposition had been risky and Coups had doubted it several times but at the behest of his manager, he had begun signing through the pages.

The manager nodded, sighing, sitting with the company officials and Seungcheol's lawyer. "We'll protect your relationship but Lee Yuri's position is not favourable enough for the two of you to go public just yet." He shook his head, feeling bad for the member he'd cared for so much, "Whether she signs or not, we can't allow the media to get wind of your personal issues. Restrictions are imminent."

Seungcheol nodded, not feeling very great about this deal. An afternoon of worrying and looking around the company like a suspicious individual, he'd finally stumbled upon the hidden secret. Yuri had been in the middle of contract negotiations and it had everything to do with him.

"You'll get us an apartment to meet in? Yuri likes outdoor dates though." Reading it felt like he was signing away her freedom with this but the company stated that she'd agreed to the terms beforehand so Seungcheol didn't have a choice.

The only thing that bothered him, however, was, if she was going to sign a contract with such a clause, why didn't she tell him?

::

Seungcheol opened the door to the studio to see Yuri munching on fries, the cheese dip spread over her lower lip like she was waiting for someone to wipe it off for her. The plate of fries on Bumzu's side remained untouched as they animatedly discussed something.

"I didn't know the two of you were so close," Seungcheol muttered at the sight of the huddled Bumzu-Yuri pair. They were immersed in a conversation so deep that they hadn't even noticed Seungcheol enter.

It wasn't until Seungcheol had spoken that Yuri had turned and smiled, beckoning him over. Although imminent, Yuri shut the book they were bending over, putting it away as she changed the topic, "Seungcheol, what are you doing here? I thought you had a free day today."

"Company work." Was Seungcheol's curt reply before he jumped back to the worry in mind, "What were you two doing?"

"We were just looking through some information in a book, something to kill time with on a break." She answered, careful with her words. "But now that you're here, why don't we order in some warm dinner? Or would you like some fries?"

Seungcheol's eyes swept over the book clutched in Yuri's palm tightly as she forwarded the uneaten plate of fries with a nervous smjle. She was hiding it, not quite obviously but rather naturally, keeping it away from his eyes yet near enough to not arouse suspicion. What was she up to? Seungcheol wondered observing her changed attitude. She had begun keeping secrets.

"What about introducing me to that friend of yours?" Seungcheol enquired instead.

He watched her smile falter further and grew solemn. First, she'd kept the information about the contract from him, next she wittily avoided answering about her conversation with Bumzu and now, was hesitant about him meeting her friend? Perhaps there was something on her mind, Seungcheol chided, trying to understand.

Yuri wasn't the type to hide anything at all. Why would she suddenly begin keeping secrets? Perhaps he was being absurd. "I'll... Uh, arrange something." She spoke, cautiously, eyes cast down and moving away.

Seungcheol sighed to himself before standing up, "Let's just get some real food

Seungcheol sighed to himself before standing up, "Let's just get some real food." Giving up for the day, he wondered to himself if he really was growing mature by the day, will or without.

::

"Jung Min." Yuri spoke over the call the moment the ring stopped. Having hesitated quite a bit, she allowed herself to speak, "Are you free on one of these days? Let's set up a dinner."

The man on the other end seemed confused, "You and me? Why?"

"My boyfriend wants to meet you." Yuri supplied the information that lifted the crease from his forehead, "You two clashed heads the time at the party, didn't you? The dinner will help ease the tension."

Jung Min frowned, "And what will you tell him about me? About us?"

"What's there to tell?" Yuri frowned at his tone. Jung Min had many faults and one of them was to be so suspiciously clever. When something was cooking in his head, he wouldn't let a good opportunity go away. Yuri took to herself to clarify, "We don't keep secrets."

Jung Min burst out laughing at the sound of that, "Your humour must've improved." Halting to a fault, Yuri observed sly silence across the line. A grin to the side, he grew excited, "Sure, I'll meet this boyfriend of yours. Let's see what he has to say of your non-secret."

Her voice rose in a second, "Jung Min!" Yuri warned, eyes wide.

The man in question only chuckled, "Saturday. Nine-forty-five pm." He spoke before cutting the call off.

::