21.

::

Jeonghan
Keep your word.

Eyes glossing over the letters on her screen, Yuri let her lips curve bitterly. The sentence itself was too daunting, the meaning so scary. Jeonghan was a good friend to her boyfriend. His advice was always in favour of Seungcheol. But in his blatant bias, suffered Yuri's conscience. Pulled and picked on by the truth goaded in the sentence, Jeonghan was threatening Yuri. It was clear. As her relationship faltered, Jeonghan's staunch requests resurfaced.

Break up. If you can't support him, break up. If you're only going to hurt him, break up.

"Something interesting come up?" Jung Min brought back Yuri from her thoughts, peeking into the phone screen she was holding. It had been over two days but the effect of the text had remained. It made Jung Min curious, "Cheating on your little boyfriend already?"

The man before her was grinning, evaluating everyone's actions per his sleazy standards. He was bearable to Yuri before but he kept rotting with time. Disgusted, Yuri frowned. She switched her phone and placed it in her bag next to her, wanting to escape him immediately. They were seated on the balcony that oversaw the pool where Yuri had been enjoying a quiet sip of beer on a cool evening until Jung Min had shown up unannounced. She bore a hole, staring at the idiotic presence in her house, "Just tell me what you're here for and get a move on already."

Jung Min surveyed Yuri's seated figure for a few seconds before nodding to himself and walking around. "You've changed, Yuri." He spoke, walking around the large space, his hand gliding along the railing, reminiscent. "The look in your eyes is different. You used to like me, you know?" He smirked softly, picking up a beer can similar to hers, and popping it open, "And now you look at me like I'm some kind of bug. Don't you think you're being a little too much considering all that I've done for you?"

"What have you done for me?" Yuri scoffed, looking away. "Was it when you tried to take advantage of my feelings in high school? Or the fact that I found out you were trading information about me to my mother for money?" She laughed at the irony, "Should I be thankful for when you drugged me at the party or when you poached my members to bring me down?"

Her sarcasm fell thick like layers of snow. Yuri watched him drink with his lips to the can, pulling a straight face, "I don't say Thank You to assholes, Jung Min."

Jung Min was only around because Yuri's mother wanted him to be. His role remained an observer, keeping an eye on all of Yuri's movements. As bothersome as it may be, Jung Min was Yuri's direct superior. It was the only reason she'd tolerated him so far.

"There's a lot worse that I can do, you know. You should know best, knowing what I'm capable of—" His words trailed off, the possibilities afloat in the air for a few seconds. He drank a long sip of his drink before keeping it down for good. Walking up to her, he placed a finger underneath her chin, the pressure forcing her to face him against her will. Her eyes flared with anger, as Jung Min's beer-stained breath trickled to her nose, "Are you not scared of me?"

He was close with potential for violence. After all, she'd hurt what was most precious to him: his fragile ego.

Yuri glanced at the irritation in his eyes, the rough touch of his fingers on her chin. He was acting ridiculous and it was beginning to piss her off. Just as she was about to say something, however, a large growl-like voice resounded from behind her, "What the hell do you think you are doing right now?!"

It was Seungcheol.

Yuri hadn't the opportunity to look from where she sat but it was obvious. It was hard for words to describe the raw energy wafting off him at that moment, distinctive to him. Whether it was Jung Min clicking his tongue in response or her boyfriend's familiar voice, it was unmistakably the feeling Seungcheol emanated.