24.

::

A/N I apologise for the delay. Updates will resume per schedule, every Friday 11 pm KST.

Thank you so much for reading!

::

There were three undeniable truths.

Seungcheol knew Yuri like no other. He'd kissed her knuckles, caressed her cheeks and wiped her tears countless times. He was the reason she laughed unabashedly, uncaring of who was watching. Their connection had been a tapestry of shared secrets, stolen giggles and a comfortable space of honesty. Seungcheol could read the faintest shifts in her moods from the flutter of her eyelids. So when Yuri asked to end their relationship, Seungcheol was taken aback. He had seen the change in her, felt her distance for months but he never expected it to culminate in a breakup.

He'd believed he had time to bridge the building gap between them and rebuild their connection. But he'd been too slow. "My thoughts were too narrow." Cheol mused, the confession slipping past the bitter smile on his lips, "I lost Yuri."

The rope that tied them had been severed and SCoups blamed himself for it. He watched the clear golden colour almost spill out the glass as he poured, the realisation dawning onto him. Was he already this drunk?

"I can't even get this right," He murmured to himself derisively. Shaking his head, Seungcheol pulled a tissue from the box to his right and began wiping the stain right away, "I should've treated her better while I still had her. If I were trustworthy enough, perhaps a little more careful..." Seungcheol ended it with a sigh, the what-if stinging the air.

Staring at the nearly clean table in front of him, Choi Seungcheol's clear eyes were shrouded in distant memory, "I promised I would protect her but I got complacent, comfortable." He paused for a moment, his ring clicking on the glass exterior and picked up another, "And now she's gone."

Jeonghan observed his friend's heartache as he emptied a glass for the ninth time that day

Jeonghan observed his friend's heartache as he emptied a glass for the ninth time that day. He had let it down his throat like water but Jeonghan could tell the misery attached to each sip and the spiraling despair Seuncheol felt.