26.

::

Seungcheol was skimming through his phone over something when Seokmin and a few others walked into his room. Dates were flying off the calendars pretty quickly and before anyone could notice, they had finished conveying their ending comments at the last location. Most members were preparing to get drinks to celebrate with their live having ended and some were off to sleep already.

"Coups," Mingyu drew the eldest's attention with a question that was on everyone's mind, "Which room are you going to? Jeonghan-hyung's or Woozi?"

The two had wordlessly divided into factions. Ever since the fight that no one knew was about, Jeonghan and Woozi avoided each other like the plague. It was unusual to see the two who had aways been least likely to fight, be so distant. Seungcheol had tried to pry it out of Jeonghan before but the latter just couldn't be bothered to spill. Woozi who had previously pressed an urgency into letting Seungcheol in the know, had fizzled out into silence. Their strained relationship put the unsure unknowing members on a tightrope, often having to choose between the two.

Fortunately, however, one of the two had conveniently dropped out of tonight's celebrations. "Jeonghan-ie went to bed already," Seungcheol relayed what he knew, "Woozi won't drink but he'll show up if he wants to join."

Mingyu nodded in response. It was decided that by default, his room would be the one sacrificed. Hoshi who had been dawdling by the door, noticed Seungcheol's open trunk on the ground and picked up a familiar-looking hoodie. Hoshi spoke, merely intending to inform, "Hyung, I'm taking this."

Seungcheol glanced sideways, ignoring Mingyu's large silhouette in front of him when he spotted it. Words left him before he could think, "Yah, not that one! Yuri likes that one—"

Ah.

The realisation hit him late. Guilt cast over Hoshi's face, quickly changing to pity as he slowly let the hoodie down. "Sorry hyung," he muttered, feeling quite like the fool for unearthing sad memories. Hoshi placed the clothing back, folding it to the best of his abilities, "I'll leave it here."

Coups ran a hand through his hair, covering his face with his palm in an attempt to hide his distraught expression. He had not expected such a simple mistake from himself and silently attempted to pull himself together in front of the young ones. "No, it's fine," he gestured with his free hand, "Take it. I spoke out of habit."

Seungcheol blamed Jeonghan for it. Over a year back, when Seungcheol's relationship with Yuri had been new like fresh bread out of the oven, Jeonghan had borrowed the bag Yuri had gifted. The members all had the habit. Often, they borrowed each other's clothes, accessories and items-without asking too. But Jeonghan's hasty action had nearly outed their secret relationship before barely starting. Seungcheol felt a small smile pull up his lips at the memory. After that incident, Coups had been careful with all the items Yuri bought for him and all his clothes had inevitably become hers.