22.

::

When Seungcheol left, he did not look back.

It was reality. Seungcheol had barely enough time to think, what with back-to-back practices for the upcoming concert tour. The setlist had been revealed and everyone was invested in making the big project work. This was Seventeen. No one did anything half-heartedly. Even Seungcheol, who had yet to register the heartbreak he was going through, gave it his all.

To him, it was the only way. Practice kept his mind off it during the day and alcohol helped his tired body sleep at night. With days flying off the calendar so fast, Seungcheol kept himself occupied until he found himself a new normal. Joshua and Seokmin approached him one time, as they waited in one of the hotel rooms before kicking off the concert in a few days. Everyone had been concerned by how Seungcheol had been so silent and the two took it upon themselves to confront him about it despite Jeonghan's warning.

"Hyung," Seokmin approached the elder carefully. Seungcheol was looking through his phone then, a silver beer can by his side like it was normal. Coups looked up then, his eyebrows raised as if asking what their deal was.

Joshua accompanied the younger of the two, encouraging the hesitating Seokmin to speak

Joshua accompanied the younger of the two, encouraging the hesitating Seokmin to speak. Seokmin gulped slightly, before asking, "Mind if we sit with you? It's been a while since we've had a drink together, Hyung."

Seungcheol had a soft spot for his members and nodded without a second thought. "Of course," He moved to the corner of the sofa, allowing space for one other person.

Seokmin obliged, sitting down next to him while Joshua drew a chair in front of them. After each of them sipped their chosen drink, Joshua took the lead, "Coups-ya," He brought the elder's attention, "Ever since that day," he emphasised on 'that day' as if it were a taboo to say the real reason, "You've been kind of quiet. Everyone's a little worried. Are you even okay?"

Coups frowned, "Do I not look okay? I got most of the choreos down perfectly too," He asked, confused, "The choreographer complimented me on my sharp moves and even corresponded to my expressions. I've double-checked all my ments for the shows. In my view, I thought I was doing just fine. Have I made a mistake to make you think otherwise?"

Joshua and Seokmin shared a glance. They conversed with their eyes, a quick reply coming. "No, it's not that." Joshua answered.

"You're doing a great job, Hyung." Seokmin too, dropped in an input. "But that's the thing. You're trying too hard to be normal."

Seungcheol raised his eyebrows at that. It was an odd thing to find fault about. "What?" He was slightly offended, "Is doing well a problem too now?"

"No, that's not it Hyung!" Seokmin grew flustered. He was panicking at the sight raise in Seungcheol's voice, trying to find words to help douse the fire.

Joshua stepped in to help, "You know we don't think that way, Coups." He assured, "We're all just concerned. You really liked her and we all knew about it. Heck, dispatch knew about it and didn't do a thing. But you acting like nothing has changed is weird. We all don't want you using work to suppress your feelings about this, you know?"