08.

::

"The news has been leaked." Yuri informed, walking into the office the next day, "An outsider knew of the details of a negotiation that hasn't been made yet." She faced the man responsible for the negotiation papers and frowned, "Is this how your company manages their artists? They're trying to poach my members and you have no idea!"

The man stood up, alarmed at the furious woman in his office, "Calm down, miss Yuri. Please, let us sit and talk."

"I'm trying to," Yuri spoke, the bags under her eyes speaking of more emotion than her words were, "But if my members are vetted while this company confuses ignorance with waiting out, you're going to lose."

The man pulled up a chair, allowing Yuri a seat and a glass of water. "I will look for the leak. We don't know how that information got out."

"They know everything, Mr Kim. Everything. And they've approached my members behind my back." Yuri sighed, "I've been handed a deal myself. 80% profit, no disbandment."

If the correspondent had been surprised before, he was taken far back now. He looked at Yuri in panic, "Will you take it?" This meant more than just a simple negotiation issue. Lee Yuri was a big catch. A Daesang in hand and a trail of award-winning songs in her history, she was not someone they'd want to lose. The only bet was on her three members and the price it took to get them. But if she were to leave, the man would lose more than just his job.

Get it right and he could've managed the artist himself.

Yuri looked at him, frowning. "Should I?" Her question was a direct hit on his abilities. Yuri saw an opportunity in his discomfort, "This company has put me through enough because of this negotiation. Not only have you taken my freedom to date but you have also negated my value as a composer and idol with your mismanagement."

Crossing her legs and watching him sweat in the air-conditioned office, Yuri grew authoritative, "If I don't see a suitable deal by the end of the week, you'll pray to the gods to sign someone else for the rest of your life."

::

"Should we take it from the top?" Vernon asked Jihoon and Soonyoung as he set up the camera on the ground. Soonyoung nodded, going over the moves once more but Jihoon was interrupted by a call before he could agree.

Loud ringtone against the empty dancing room, Woozi rushed to pick up

Loud ringtone against the empty dancing room, Woozi rushed to pick up. He'd kept the ringer on for only certain people in his life and watching Yuri's name displayed made it a top priority. Picking it up swiftly, Jihoon answered without delay, "Yes, Yuri?"

"Oppa, is Cheol around?" The first thing she asked took him off guard. He looked around, reading between the lines. Asking for a quick five minutes from Hoshi and Vernon, he walked to a corner, "You've fought with him, haven't you?"

"Not exactly." Yuri faltered, "It's more of a stalemate at the moment."

Jihoon raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "That's pretty much the same in a relationship, Yuri-yah." He hadn't expected it but the happy couple had been together for nearly a year and hadn't once fought. At least not to his knowledge. So, to him, this was a good thing. It meant they were going somewhere. "So, what did you fight about?"

He was expecting a good rant but Yuri's reply was curt, "I can't tell you."

Then what had she called for? Jihoon frowned, "Yah, you—" he sighed, resigning. There had to be a reason for this, yes? He wouldn't want to pummel his beloved sister to the ground just because she had called him in the middle of filming to rant about not being able to rant. "Please don't tell me it's something sexual. Because if it is, I'm cutting the call right now." The last thing he wanted to hear about was his sister's sex life.

"It's not!" Hearing Yuri's voice grow a tone higher brought a soft smile to his face. If she still had the gall to be embarrassed in the middle of a fight, they weren't going to break up over whatever this was. "So?" He leaned to the wall, "What do you want from me?"

The wall was cold the moment his back touched it. Jihoon watched Soonyoung discuss the next moves with Vernon, his eyes following the movements as Yuri spoke on the other side of the line, "Oppa, I'm shifting houses soon."

"All of a sudden?"

Jihoon gestured to Soonyoung watching from afar that it was going to take a little longer than required, turning to give his complete attention to the call

Jihoon gestured to Soonyoung watching from afar that it was going to take a little longer than required, turning to give his complete attention to the call. "Why now? We had your place checked for recording devices and spoofed through everything multiple times to confirm things were alright." His voice lowered for a second, suspicion rising, "Cough twice if you think the place is bugged after all."

Yuri chuckled from the other end, "It's not like that, Oppa. The place is alright."

Her laughter made him sigh in relief, "So, what is it then? Why are you moving out? Do our parents know?"

"Yes, I discussed with them before I made the decision. I'm renting out the place for a while and moving into a dorm space." Yuri explained, "The company I'm planning to sign with has it stipulated on the contract. They're taking care of all my living expenses for a while."

He thought about it. Yuri was well enough as is but with the rent coming in and living expenses out of the picture, she was going to make a lot more per year. "This company you're talking about is sure treating you like a VIP." The deal wasn't bad at all. He grinned wide, "So, when do you shift?"

::

Jung Min peered over the paper in his hands, contemplating if it was worth the money he was investing. Was Yuri worth it? She reminded him of the wild bird with small wings. Desperate to fly despite her own inadequacy, she had the guts to soar near the eagle's nest. Time and again, the eagles had scared her away and most would take that experience as leverage to never try again. Not Yuri. With every try, she'd only gotten closer.

He let a smile reach his face. Jung Min read out the numbers on the page and step by step, typed them out, dialling the owner of the number. He'd waited for two rings before the person picked up, "Yes, how may I help you?"

"Yes, I heard about a prospective property on rent from a friend." He spoke, switching to a friendly tone, "Hannam Hill, I hear? I'd like to come over and check it out."

The lady on the other side of the call fumbled, "Oh, of course. May I please know your name?" She tried to grab a pen as he answered, "And what time will you be visiting?"

Apparently Yuri and Seungcheol hadn't spoken since the night they'd met him. At the very least, they had not met. His source could assure him that much. He smiled, circling the address in red, "As soon as possible. What is the earliest you can schedule my visit?"

::