31.

::

A/N Thank you for reading!

::

"Oppa too," Yuri aimed at Woozi with her sharp words. Her head was bent low, fingers messing her hair even more as she tried to deal with her embarrassment. She wasn't sure if it was the weakness that was making her dizzy or Seungcheol who made her want to betray her skin, "Just leave. Keep your mom and dad away from me. Tell them to stay in Busan until we clear this out."

Woozi opposed, leaning forward with a frown on his face. "Yuri-yah, I can help you. We can help you."

Yuri looked up, glaring at Woozi with her eyes, "Are you on his side now?"

"Since when do we have sides, Yuri?" Seungcheol interfered before Yuri could empty her anger out on her innocent brother. He laid out the container with food on the table next to her and sat down on her bed, facing his girlfriend with eyes full of compassion. In a soft warning tone, he called after her. "Yuri,"

Seungcheol glanced at Jihoon who took it as his cue to leave them alone. He approached her silently, opening the lid of the container. The delicious scent of the freshly cooked tteokbokki wafted in the air, forcing all of Yuri's senses onto the food. Seungcheol offered a comforting truce, "Eat."

Yuri observed Seungcheol's calm demeanour despite his pink ears

Yuri observed Seungcheol's calm demeanour despite his pink ears. She let him split open a pair of chopsticks and push them into her palm. "I have permission from the doctor. You can eat a little if it doesn't make you nauseous." His concerned voice was like melted chocolate slipping through her palms. It was a key to the lock that kept her tears hidden and for a second, Yuri feared the gate would flood open.

She coughed to hide the sob that had risen onto her throat. Looking at his beautiful dark orbs directly, Yuri let out a word of thanks with a forced reminder, "You don't have to do this anymore, Seungcheol," Yuri picked up a piece with her chopsticks and propped it onto her mouth, the taste feeling like heaven, "I'm grateful for this so I'll take it. But not from the next time onward. There is no reason for you to show such care to an ex. It's not right. We're not as close as we used to be."

"That's right," Seungcheol agreed, nodding as he watched another tteok move past her lips, sauce spilling through. It made him smile a little.

Instinctively, he leaned forward, extending a hand to wipe her messy lower lip with his thumb. Then, as if nothing had happened, he brought it to his lips and tasted the sauce she'd spilled. "If we were in the relationship we used to be, I wouldn't bother using my hands to taste this." He quipped, nonchalantly stealing her heart, "It's not spicy today, by the way—the doctor's instructions."

Yuri simply sat stunned, a blush rising up her cheeks at the sudden action. Did he mean he would rather kiss her instead? Stunned by the boldness of her ex-boyfriend's actions, Yuri was taken in a trance. The love cells that she'd tried so hard to hide away were making their way back up.