Chapter 4 - White Peach Oolong

Seeing the gift box in front of her, the girl was stunned.

"Thank you." Yue Zhishi said solemnly, "But since I was young, my family has taught me not to casually accept gifts, especially from girls, so that I won't take their feelings for granted. I'm sorry but I have to return this to you."

Yue Zhishi's eyes had very obvious Caucasian characteristics with softer contours and his hair was also a warm brown colour which shines golden under the sun, making him appear pure and soft. His external appearance gave people the impression that he was someone easy to get along with, easy to capture and easy to persuade, but this was actually not the case.

The stubborn Yue Zhishi would often be too serious.

The girl's expression was a little upset but she had also expected this. She hesitated a little over taking back her gift, "But I...."

She opened her mouth but stopped.

"It looks expensive. You must've spent a long time picking it out." Yue Zhishi insisted and stretched his arms out more, making her accept it, "Your writing is very nice. I think its more suitable for you to use."

Upon hearing this, the girl looked up. Using praise instead of rejection made it hard for her to even feel sad.

But she was still somewhat unwilling, "Do you have someone you like?"

Please read this from kk translates

Yue Zhishi was taken aback.

Someone he likes.

He likes a lot of people; for example Aunt Rong and Uncle Song, for example the owner of the rice noodle store who would give him two extra pieces of beef every time he ordered the vegetarian option and for example Mr. Zhang from drawing class who gifted him comic books and drawing tools.....There were too many. Countless examples appeared in Yue Zhishi's mind.

But if he were to narrow it down to people he likes the most, the number of examples shrink significantly.

But they still didn't seem to be the same as the like the girl in front of him was referring to.

"You don't?" The girl asked.

Yue Zhishi put on his bag and paused for a moment, "No, I don't want to date right now. It's almost time for exams. If my grade drops, my parents will be called over."

Seeing that the girl still looked upset, Yue Zhishi added, "We can still be friends."

"Really?"

"I don't lie." Yue Zhishi readjusted the bag on his back, "It's so hot. Isn't there a vending machine downstairs? I'll treat you guys to a drink."

"I want Coke!" Jiang Yufan didn't hesitate. He glanced down and saw that Song Yu was still there, leaning against the tree with his arms crossed in front of him and earphones in his ear. At this moment, he was staring up at them.

Jiang Yufan couldn't help but shudder. He quickly nudged Yue Zhishi with his elbow.

"Le, look downstairs."

Yue Zhishi turned his head and saw Song Yu's figure through the railing.

It was as if he was suddenly injected with stimulants. Yue Zhishi immediately turned around and leaned half his body out past the railing while supporting himself with both hands, but when he called out 'ge', it was with a very small and almost airy voice.

He was like an excited little puppy who wanted to pounce but is hesitant to do it.

The girl looked at Yue Zhishi's excited face and felt that he was completely different from how he was when he rejected her confession just now.