Chapter 41: Social Life Crisis

Song Yu's struggle was actually very short.

Because the one who truly didn't want Yue Zhishi to leave was him.

Yue Zhishi was happily satisfied and content when Song Yu nodded in assent. He released his hands and went back to sit in Song Yu's seat with his schoolbag, his face full of joy. He asked Song Yu if he had anything he needed to do that afternoon, and if he would be bothering him.

Song Yu shook his head. "Have you finished your homework?"

"Finished it ages ago." Yue Zhishi said to him, "I've even memorised all my texts already, I prepared before I came. I've even brought my review work over so I can look through them tonight."

Having learned yesterday that Lin Rong needed him to help bring things over, he started finishing his homework early and was even working on it earlier that day during class before the monthly break started. He was someone with a very high efficiency rate once he focused on something, and just by thinking he was coming to see Song Yu, the strength of his concentration pretty much doubled.

Song Yu nodded. He kept hearing Yue Zhishi's phone vibrating, so he prompted him before saying he need to go downstairs to buy some things.

Thunder crashed once again outside, and Yue Zhishi's shoulders unconsciously shook. He checked the messages on his phone, and then he lifted his head to Song Yu, saying, "Can I go down with you?"

"It's raining too hard outside."

"Then..." Yue Zhishi waved his phone at him. "Can I play games for a bit? A classmate's asking me to join him, and I'll be able to distract myself."

Fair enough, thunder was still ringing outside. Song Yu nodded, but he couldn't help but advise, "Don't play games so often."

"I play very rarely," Yue Zhishi explained. "I'm a terrible gamer, so I don't even like playing games all that much."

Song Yu had already changed his shoes. He said, "Mm," and then grabbed the dorm's communal umbrella, heading out.

Outside was even worse than he'd imagined — the water had already flooded past the steps and was about to reach the access door for the dormitory's first floor. He waded out, very people left outside in the heavy wind and rain, but there were quite a few people pushing about in the university's supermarket. The storm season in this city was always very dramatic, so everyone had accumulated a lot of experience and knew to stock up their groceries.

Song Yu usually tried to stay far away from crowded places like these, but he went straight in this time without thinking about it. He very quickly bought the snacks Yue Zhishi liked and could eat, a completely new set of towel, soft bristled toothbrush and slippers, and went to line up to pay.

He was about to reach the front after a long time of waiting, but then he saw a girl walk past holding an ice cream Yue Zhishi had once said he liked. He left the line.

When he finally returned back to the check out lines, he felt like he'd added at least twenty minutes to the time he needed to spend in this supermarket. Song Yu would usually be very impatient in these types of situations, but right now, he was in a pretty good mood.

His phone lit up with an unread message: a push notification from QQ. Song Yu rarely used social media apps, and especially after entering university, most of his work communications and messages had been transferred over to WeChat. He'd pretty much stopped using QQ, and he'd even muted all of his previous group chats.

This time, he opened it because it was a push notification sent from Yue Zhishi.

Song Yu had nothing to do now that he was waiting in line, so he opened up the notification — a photo. Yue Zhishi had taken a photo of his desk, and laying on top of his desk was the well-packed takeaway containers of food and the pork ribs and lotus root soup.