Chapter 13: Red Bean Rice Cake

The weather in this city was forever unsteady. The never-ending summer heat needed only one night's worth of cold wind before it abruptly disappeared in one day.

Yue Zhishi woke up early and heard the whistling wind outside. He thought it was just the early morning's low temperature and didn't think much about it, rushing to school in a daze. By the time he finished two classes, the wind was much stronger than before. His body didn't have the ability to resist the sudden drop in temperature, so he kept sneezing repeatedly. The whole class went outside during a break, and Yue Zhishi followed with his arms wrapped around himself.

"Your body's too weak, my brother." Jiang Yufan hit his hand. "It's so cold, why don't you go home in the afternoon to get some clothes."

Yue Zhishi nodded, but then he shook his head straight after, suddenly thinking of something. "It's Friday. The senior sister at the broadcasting station can't come today, so I have to temporarily work with another new person. We have to rehearse later."

"That's too bad. I can bring you some of my clothes?"

Yue Zhishi sneezed and rubbed his nose. "Don't worry about it, might as don't go out. We don't have school tomorrow, I should be fine for just one day."

Jiang Yufan remembered something at this point. "Oh that's right, Zhang Yameng just said it's her birthday tomorrow and invited our entire class to go KTV. Are you gonna go?

Zhang Yameng was the most well liked girl in their class. Her father worked in the food business, and even though she was a bit spoiled, she was always warm-hearted towards everyone. She could be considered as the class's favourite. Yue Zhishi was also eye-catching, so a few classmates would always joke about the two of them, Zhang Yameng looking as if she also enjoyed the jokes. It was okay if it was just once or twice, but after too many times, Yue Zhishi wanted to hide and run away.

"I..." Yue Zhishi sneezed again, unable to finish his words.

Coincidentally, Zhang Yameng was just walking over to them, and one skip brought her to Yue Zhishi's side. "Yue Zhishi! You have to come tomorrow, I booked a really good restaurant." Her two hands were clasped behind her back, and her smile was sweet and pretty. "Everyone else already said yes. Our class can't miss even one person."

Yue Zhishi wasn't able to say anything in time before Zhang Yameng quickly informed him of Saturday's entire itinerary in one go, not leaving space for anyone to interrupt. At the end, she even slightly, cutely begged, telling him he definitely had to come.

It was a bit difficult rejecting someone directly to their face, especially when she was inviting the entire class. Yue Zhishi didn't want to go so he didn't promise anything, and listening to the gym teacher's arrangements, he headed straight to the end of the boys' team.

He'll just text and say he's sick tomorrow.

The music started playing, and the students all did their warm-up exercises.

The students in the high school department were in front of the junior high's department. He gazed through the entire mass of bodies, his sight unconsciously arriving at the front. He saw Song Yu also standing at the very end of his class and sighed in relief. At least gege was wearing his winter uniform.

But he wasn't wearing the western, suit-like uniform. Instead, he wore the black and white gym uniform that was constantly being ridiculed, the clothes big and loose on him and making him look even taller and skinnier than usual.

Other schools always envied Peiya's school uniforms — the students were given four different sets. Their summer uniform was a shirt and tie, and the additions of a knitted vest and a suit outer coat completed their winter uniform. They also had a set of gym clothing and a set of thick winter-wear. The two school departments were naturally different colours. But because of this abundance of choice, chaotically mismatching uniform sets could always be seen on Peiya's campus.