Chapter 53: Lingbo Plank Road

The two of them were close to hitting each other. Yue Zhishi stood up without a single thought and went to stand in front of Song Yu. Qin Yan, Shen Mi and other guys came in time to pull apart the two guys in conflict so that they didn't actually end up fighting.

Despite being in the basketball team for so long, Song Yu had always been like a ghost. If Qin Yan hadn't been there with him, Song Yu might've forever floated outside the crowd, never speaking and never socially interacting — he never mixed in unless it was for training or for a competition. But he may have always been cool and indifferent, but he had never clashed with another team member before.

His blow up this time didn't seem like him at all, so many people found it very strange. Of course, people were more surprised that the mixed-race junior brother Qin Yan had been taking care of was actually Song Yu's little brother.

"Stop, stop. This is only our first day, no need to ruin our team spirit." Qin Yan was in the middle, trying to lighten the situation. He patted Wang Zhi's shoulder. "Zhi bro, our little friend here really wasn't lying to you when he said he couldn't drink. You wouldn't know this, but we used to be in the same secondary school. Le Le suffered an allergic reaction during one of our school opening ceremonies and almost went into anaphylactic shock. It was so scary. His life was saved only because his brother was luckily there too. Look, we're meant to have fun tonight over dinner — if something really happened, whose fault would it be?"

His words were like a needle wrapped in cotton, subtly and yet cleanly reminding Wang Zhi. Qin Yan turned around and then said to the other team members, "I'll pay for all the alcohol myself today. I'll treat all of you, drink as much as you want. Don't force it if you don't want to drink, I'll call over a waiter in a bit for some coke and sprite. Everyone should enjoy themselves."

"Why buy coke?" Nan Jia threw him a look, a slightly annoyed look on her face. "Does no one want to drink the milk tea I bought earlier? Since everyone likes drinking alcohol so much, I won't buy milk tea for you guys ever again. Such a waste of time and effort."

The expression on Wang Zhi's face kept changing. His initially stiff face now looked more uncomfortable, and he looked as if he wanted to say something. The other guys heard Nan Jia and immediately said things like, "Of course not, I like milk tea best. Who likes alcohol."

"I really, really don't like it when guys force people to drink. No matter if they're forcing guys or girls, it's always against their will." Nan Jia looked at Wang Zhi. "You study law too. You should know how many civil disputes are caused by alcohol."

Nan Jia had already spoken like this — even if he wasn't willing, Wang Zhi still gave in a bit irritably. "Fine fine fine. Just fucking blame it all on me."

"All right, all right, let's just pretend nothing happened." Qin Yan glanced at Shen Mi and chuckled. "Look at how red Xiao Shen looks after gulping down half a bottle."

As he continued chatting about things to ease the atmosphere, Qin Yan held onto Song Yu's arm, as if he was afraid Song Yu would throw a fit and run off. He also gave Song Yu a look. "Calm down, don't be angry."

Song Yu's face continued to be icily indifferent. He didn't want to say a single thing more to the other people, so he flicked Yue Zhishi a look. "Sit next to me."

"Okay." He had been recovering from his fright, worried gege would start fighting with that Wang Zhi, when Yue Zhishi once again cheered up. He happily followed behind Song Yu in satisfaction. The junior brother from earlier, who'd had so many questions as he sat next to Song Yu, started foolishly giggling once he heard he was now sitting next to senior Nan Jia. There was nothing he wanted more.