Chapter 30: A Heavy Metaphor

Only after he gave away his drawing did Yue Zhishi feel like it was drawn extremely terribly. He slightly regretted giving it away and wanted to take it back, but it was obvious how asking for it back would go.

Song Yu would never give him a chance to fix up his work.

But Song Yu's map was honestly well-drawn — it was beautiful in a very clean, scientific way, and Yue Zhishi actually wanted to frame and hang it at the head of his bed.

After such a long period of stress, he finally fell into a deep sleep. In his dream, he was feeding little kittens with Song Yu when he heard a familiar cat noise behind his back. Yue Zhishi turned around, and an indignant Orange was standing behind him, catching him red-handed.

Meow——

What a nightmare.

It wasn't easy surviving until the monthly break, and yet they were given only one day to rest. Yue Zhishi was woken up bright and early by Orange stepping on him, and Lin Rong just happened to be calling him down for breakfast. He blearily carried Orange downstairs with him and saw Song Yu changing his shoes at the front door. Yue Zhishi's mind cleared up immediately and went over in his house slippers. "Gege, you're leaving the house so early?"

Song Yu nodded as he tied his shoelaces. "Yes, I have something to do."

"Can I go with you?"

Song Yu didn't really answer him, only saying, "You should stay at home and do your reviews."

Yue Zhishi understood Song Yu's way of speaking too well. If he didn't say he couldn't go, then that meant he could, as long as he tried hard enough. "I want to go, can you bring me too? My productiveness will be much higher after we come back, truly."

Yue Zhishi sounded a bit pitiful. Song Yu raised his head and met his eyes for a while. Yue Zhishi sorrowfully opened his mouth again and said, "Gege, please. I already gave my drawing to you."

Song Yu gave up.

"I'll give you ten minutes to change your clothes."

"No problem!"

As he waited, Song Yu sat at the front door and played on his phone. He saw Xia Zhixu's WeChat message and replied while he was there.

It was early morning, the temperature just right and the air fresh. Yue Zhishi was in an extremely good mood at not having to go to school and being able to go out together with Song Yu. He sat on the bench as they waited for the bus, and Song Yu pulled out a pink lollipop from his pocket and gave it to him.

"You put this in my bag, right? It's too sweet. Eat it yourself."

It'd been so long since he'd snuck the candy into his bag, and yet Song Yu still hadn't eaten it yet.

But it made sense since Song Yu hated sweets.

Yue Zhishi took the lollipop and tore open the wrapper without really thinking about it. He'd just placed the lollipop into his mouth when the bus arrived, so he immediately stood up and got onto the bus with Song Yu. The bus drove extremely quickly, and Yue Zhishi fell asleep also extremely quickly, swaying and wobbling about until he ended up on Song Yu's shoulder. He stayed there until he was woken up to get off the car.

Standing at the bus stop, Yue Zhishi reached up his arms and lazily stretched. The bus drove away, and a tall, beautiful girl across the street waved at them. Yue Zhishi slowly pulled down his arms, glancing at the Song Yu standing next to him, and saw him nod in her direction.

What is this?

It was hard enough to have a break. They left the house early in the morning only just to come and meet a pretty older sister. Yue Zhishi felt like something wasn't quite right — this really didn't fit Song Yu's usual behaviour.