Chapter 48: Unexpected Visit

Yue Zhishi gazed at Song Yu's face in a trance, but he wasn't given much time to think — a torchlight suddenly swayed in front of his eyes. The light was too bright, and Yue Zhishi turned his face away in reflex, squinting.

"Someone's coming." Song Yu swiftly reacted, grabbing Yue Zhishi's wrist and running towards the side door.

As expected, a few people appeared right outside the wire mesh around the sports ground. The person in front ran towards the main entrance with his torchlight waving around like a searchlight. "Which class are you guys from? Why haven't you gone home! Why are you guys cuddling and hugging on the basketball court?!"

"Shit, I think it's Compass." Yue Zhishi was familiar with his voice and desperately ran ahead. "How are we so unlucky."

Song Yu pushed open the side door and left, pulling along Yue Zhishi. The two of them didn't immediately know where to go after coming out of the basketball court. Yue Zhishi remembered that there was a side gate in the wall behind the new laboratory building, and it was connected to the neighbourhood where family members of the teaching staff lived — so he flipped his hand over and clutched Song Yu's hand instead, tugging him towards that direction.

Compass chased very closely behind them, loudly yelling at them to stand still as he continued to ran. Yue Zhishi felt he himself was quickly running out of breath just by running; he didn't understand how Compass could have so many energy.

"This way." The two of them circled around the right side of the new laboratory building. A row of cars was parked there, and two three metre-high square column sculptures were placed on the left and right side of the cars.

"Let's hide here for a bit first." Yue Zhishi dragged Song Yu behind a sculpture and leaned against it. The width of the sculpture wasn't quite enough. Yue Zhishi was worried they'd be noticed, so he stood there, face close to Song Yu's chest, trying to hear the noises around them.

The school director brought people with him, and they ran into the new laboratory building, thinking Yue Zhishi and Song Yu had gone inside. They went into the first floor, and just so happened to go into the classroom that was directly across from the square column.

"Where are you guys going, not going home so late at night! I can't believe you're dating at school!"

The director's voice was particularly clear in the empty classroom, as if it was amplified.

The light from the torch abruptly shone out of the window. Yue Zhishi had originally peeked out half of his head as he continued hiding behind the sculpture, wanting to look; he immediately retreated back once he saw the light.

The moment he retreated and pulled back his head, he accidentally met Song Yu's pair of dark eyes.

He belatedly realised the distance between them was overly close — his and Song Yu's chests were pretty much pressed together, their colliding heartbeats intimately echoing each other. He was still panting from their earlier running, and Yue Zhishi's Adam's apple quivered, his eyes blinking twice in a fluster.

"I definitely have to catch those two. These children who all start early dating, they're all more courageous than the next..."

Early dating.

It felt strange and misplaced to use this term on the two of them.

Yue Zhishi didn't know where his guilty conscience came from. He only felt really hot — he was too hot from running, and he also felt really hot from pressing so closely together. He attempted to take half a step back, but Song Yu caught his arm. Song Yu slightly shook his head, looking much calmer than Yue Zhishi felt.