Chapter 84: Transparent Raincoat

The entire audience was shocked as soon as the law school's opening design came out — it was an absolutely stunning scene of an ancient beauty walking within the rain.

"Holy shit, she deserves to be the school flower. Nan Jia's too beautiful." Qin Yan had been stunned the moment Nan Jia pulled off her bamboo hat during her second pose. He turned his head over, only to realise Song Yu hadn't been seriously watching the show at all; his head was turned to the side.

He shook Song Yu's arm. "You really aren't interested in looks. Our Nan Jia's so pretty, and yet you're not even looking?"

Song Yu didn't retort back. He said under his breath as though to himself, "Did something happen?"

"What'd you say?"

Without waiting for Qin Yan to understand, Song Yu stood up and directly left.

"Hey!" Lin Rong had been focused on recording the show, and when she noticed her son suddenly getting up, she used a low voice to call out to him, trying to keep her rich lady demeanour. "Xiao Yu, what are you doing? Hurry and come back, your brother's designs are about to come out!"

But Song Yu walked away without even looking back.

Qin Yan thought Song Yu was sometimes truly very bizarre, but on second thought, perhaps he really did find the entire thing very boring.

How could there be someone so uninteresting who didn't have a single shred of interest towards the pretty faces and perfect bodies filling up the stage.

Just as Qin Yan was inwardly scoffing at Song Yu's indifference, Song Yu had already appeared in the backstage. When he saw the panic, he grabbed someone and asked what'd happened, learning that the closing model had gotten into an accident.

Yue Zhishi was calmly giving out commands. "Qu Zhi, you take over. The rhythm of the models going on stage needs to remain stable. Chen Pi, look for volunteers and helpers to clear these boxes and props away." He felt a bit of self-reproach. "I should've made sure they emptied out this area earlier."

Chen Pi was still very angry. "This isn't your fault. Blame the staff — we already told them about it, but they still didn't do anything. Once the competition's over, we definitely have to complain and get them to compensate Chen Yu!"

They currently didn't have the time to think about future matters. Yue Zhishi caught Zhou Yi's arm and said, "Zhou Yi, please help Chen Yu change out of the clothes."

"I'll go." At this moment, Xiao Qi was no longer as delicate as before, coming forward to hold Chen Yu's arm. "Zhou Yi still needs to be responsible for the switching of models backstage. Let me do it."

In the beginning, everyone had worried about Xiao Qi's timidity and the possibility of her not daring to speak, and so they'd assigned her to the styling team in consideration. Now that all the models had been dressed up and styled, the backstage truly did need a guy more.

Their first round's runway was already more than half-finished. Qu Zhi was still at the front and was very steadily giving them feedback about the show — there wasn't much time left.

"Are you sure you can do it?" Chen Pi felt slightly doubtful; after all, Chen Yu was over 180cm. Without even mentioning the fact Xiao Qi needed to support an injured person, her standing next to him was already the most adorable height difference.

"I can." Xiao Qi was very firm. "I already called and asked two other guys in our year to come help."

Everything was so urgent, and so everyone let Xiao Qi support Chen Yu over to change out of his clothes. Chen Pi thought about it after they'd walked off, thinking it didn't feel quite right.