Chapter 5 - Appreciation Period

Dating?

A cauldron fell from the sky, rendering Yue Zhishi dumbfounded, "No...." He frowned. He was still obediently holding one end of the earphone in his hand. He muttered to himself in a small voice, "I'm not dating."
And he even rightfully declined.

He turned his head back to look at Song Yu in front of him and retorted more loudly, "I'm not dating!"

Song Yu remained silent. Yue Zishi could only ponder over it on his own. When he recalled the matter outside the infirmary, he finally came to an understanding, "Were you standing outside all that time? You're mistaken. I was returning a gift back to her."

Omitting the information about the other party's identity, Yue Zhishi reported the entire situation to Song Yu like a kindergarten child obediently reporting everything that had happened at school each day, speaking vividly for fear of missing details.
One reported the entire way while the other silently listened. They turned into a winding alley from the spacious road and approached their destination under a row of sycamore trees.

"I didn't accept, and I bought her a drink because I was afraid that she was upset after rejecting her. Also, the drink I bought her was a coke. I also bought Jiang Yufan a coke, but I gave...."

Reaching this point, he suddenly stopped. Somehow, he felt more and more wronged the more he explained himself. He thought of the confession wall incident the girls in his class were discussing this morning.

"Weren't you also confessed to? And it was on the Peiya confession wall. I'll also tell on you." They were clearly words of threat, but it didn't have that effect at all, and his voice even unconsciously grew smaller when he said it. After a pause, Yue Zhishi added heatedly, "The girls in our class were talking about it this morning. The whole school probably already knows about it."

Please read this from kk translates

The bicycle suddenly stopped. Yue Zhishi immediately found himself pressed against Song Yu's back, unable to continue voicing his complaints.

"The whole school knows more than just that confession."
Song Yu finally spoke. He then ordered Yue Zhishi off the bike.

Of course, Yue Zhishi knew what he was talking about, "I didn't do it deliberately. I was too uncomfortable at the time and accidentally said it...." He followed behind him like a little chick, "What can we do now? Everyone heard it. There's probably not a single person who doesn't know about it now."

Song Yu didn't provide him with a plan. He locked the bike and went in.

Seeing that his brother was still not happy after all that explaining, it seemed that the reason for his bad mood wasn't because of this.

The bike was parked in front of an old blue-grey house. A tall magnolia tree was planted in front of the courtyard and the courtyard itself was well-kept. The house was of a European-style building and very simple decorated. There was a large stone about the height of a person standing at the door with the two words engraved, "Yanghe Qizhe."

This was a Song Yu's mother's hobby — Running a private restaurant.

Song Yu swept open the door curtain and Yue Zhishi followed him in. There were already guests who had come in with prior appointments. Grandpa Zhang, a retired university professor who had been a frequent visitor since the opening of the shop, laughed and joked when he saw them coming in, "Xiao Rong, your big handsome boy and little handsome boy are back."

Lin Rong came out from the kitchen when she heard this. She placed down a small plate of honey coated peaches on the table and glanced at Yue Zhishi and Song Yu with a smile.