Chapter 14 - Fluffy Moments And A Fresh Start (Edited)

DANIEL

Every step I took on the stairs made my heart beat increase a little bit and this long flight of stairs didn't make it easier. I made a mental note to myself to take the elevator next time.

I opened the door to my room where I had already set up the computers and files we needed including some sketches I had made earlier.

You've got a pretty cool room" Marc said as he set down his back on one of the round stools while he scanned the section of my room where I hanged paintings which my Dad had bought for absolutely no reason at all.

"Thanks..." I said scratching the back of my neck not knowing what else to say and he nodded still not looking my way.

"Where do we start?" He asked turning to me.

"Well... from the beginning" I said with a slight chuckle.

"Hmm...." he said and nodded in understanding and thought to himself for some seconds before finally speaking.

"Let's start with a schedule"

*

After an hour or so of scheduling my activities that I'll be having for the next coming weeks we moved into working for the presentation we were gonna be having tomorrow afternoon which wasn't quite easy as I had not paid much attention to it till now.

"What do you think we should do tomorrow" he asked as he took a spoon of ice cream from the ice cream bucket which I had gotten for both of us, a little bit of enjoyment wouldn't hurt a bit, would it?. Nah.

"I think... I... Ok.. I think making a software that change the future of technology itsel, like... uhh a software that checks other software for bugs and suggest improvements...I think that would be really good...?" I said in what sounded more like a question.

"Ohhh... I get your point" he said taking another spoon of ice cream.

"It would really help those other big tech companies run tests on their systems and softwares too, that's great" he said with a smile and typing something on his laptop.

"Thank You... I guess this big 'ole brain finally got something good inside" I said as I patted my head looking up at him and he laughed then we both laughed.

After a few seconds of laughter he straighten up and reached out for the papers in the side of the table which coincidentally I wanted to pick it up too, he looked at his hand which was placed firmly on top of mine and looked at me and removed his hand immediately.

"I- uh- sorry- I thought this was my sketches-" he said and removed his hand.

"Oh- y-yeah it is. I thought it was the other information I had made concerning the software development" I said truthfully as I looked at the bunch of papers scattered on the table.

We stood there in total silence for a few seconds before he finally broke the silence.

"Here they are" he said and picked it up and gave me some of the designs he sketched already and spent time explaining each and every one of them. I don't know why but I couldn't take my eyes off him no matter how I tried, beautiful ocean blue eyes, perfect lips.... still hoping to see him shirtless tho- wait why am I thinking about a boy this way... do I like Marc?

"Are you listening?" He asked putting the papers he was holding down.

"Y-yeah I am... I... was just umm... wondering how we would get this all done by tomorrow" I said looking away from him.

"Don't worry much about that, I can make some drawings on your iPad-"

"It's yours now, for real" I said not making eye contact with him.

"You don't really have to-"

"No, I'm not taking it back, you keep it cause there are lots of other ones still not used and I don't know why I should keep so many instead of giving it out" I said and put my hand on his.

"Besides see it as one of the ways I'm saying Thank You for helping me with this and for helping in bringing my drunk ass back home" I said with a convincing smile.

"Thank You" he said with a sincere smile and in a kind of sad voice and looked down at the papers with him, my hand was still on his which he made no effort to bother about. Which I made no effort in taking them off.

Odd. That's so very unlike me.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked using my finger to lift his head up from his jaw, at first he was shocked and so was I from my action but none of us made any move to acknowledge what I just did.

"It's nothing... I'm just so thankful that I can finally start my digital drawing" he said not making eye contact with me.

"Oh" was all I could say but I had a feeling he was hiding more.

"Well I'm always here for you if you want to talk or need anything and I'm also willing to be your friend Marco, if you'd give me a chance?" I said gently and he turned to make eye contact with me which made my heartbeat fasten a bit.

What is this boy doing to me?

"I want to know the real you, I don't know why we dislike each other for no reason but I'd like for us to get a fresh start" I said sincerely.

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
Like and Comment.

No but seriously this is just too wholesome

Just too wholesome 😍🥰❤️❤️‍🔥