Chapter 61 - Hurt and Happiness (Edited)

There's a change of POV in this chapter

P.S. read the author's note at the end of this ch 😄

DANIEL

Everything was dead silent.

My racing heart seemed to be the only thing I could hear and the fact that I couldn't hear anything made it worse as I had already concluded I had made it to the other side.

Suddenly, I felt light movements under my body accompanied by a painful groan. My eyes shot open immediately and I propped myself up with my hands and I came face to face with Blake who's eyes were wide open and not moving at all. My heart dropped to my stomach immediately at this sight and my whole body became rigid as chills ram down my spine.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

What have I done?

I mentally face palmed myself at my stupid actions. What made me think propelling myself halfway across the room and landing on a severely injured boy would save him. Why the hell did I think I would be faster than a bullet?

"Blake..." I tapped him.

No answer.

"Blake" I shook him a bit.

No answer.

"Blake?" My voice came out choked this time around as tears filled my vision.

"I-I'm sorry. I forgive you already... p-please, no... don't do this to me. Blake... I'm sorry okay?... Shit! If you leave me like this man I mean it I'll never forgive you..." at this point all the strength had left my body and I fell on his body once more and wept.

"Don't even take a single step or I'll end you myself" That was my dad's voice.

I had forgotten about everything in a short amount of time and when I heard his voice, I raise myself up on my knees next to Blake and turn around to look at him.

That's when I noticed something else.

Mr. Peterson wasn't holding the gun.

It was laying on the floor halfway across the room. I look at Bryan who was holding a rock on one hand and a gun on the other. Dad held a gun too and was pointing it at Mr. Peterson alongside the police.

There's blood on Mr. Peterson's wrist and I put two and two together and I figured that Bryan had misdirected the gun shot and that means... Blake was okay - I really hope the way I fell on him didn't finish the job instead - I look at Blake's body and there's no sign of blood. I put my ear on his chest and his heart...

... it's beating.

He starts blinking at first and when his vision comes into focus and he registered my face fear takes over his emotions as he tries to back away from me but I put a hand on his shoulder and held him still.

"It's okay, I'm here" I said and gave him a warm reassuring smile.

He relaxes at that and I help him up into a sitting position and hugged him tightly. I never want to witness the events of today evert again. I never want to loose my best friend and I need to shower him with apologies because I had no idea what he's been going through even before we split.