Chapter 42 - Desire (Edited)

MARC

Never would I have believed that someday I would be sitting in a lavishly furnished office with two famous celebrities who are siblings and they'd try to get on each other's neck at any given chance but here I was, witnessing it all and trying so hard not to laugh.

Bryan knew the effect his intense gaze held on his prey because with those sharp grey eyes are looking at you like it would end you any moment, it's near impossible not to pass out.

Daniel suddenly gasps like he dropped an expensive museum relic and I whipped my head to his direction and his face turns a bit pale and I'm not sure why.

"What is it?" Bryan beats me to it as he asks.

"Natalie" He responds.

"Natalie?" I asked confused.

"She said something to me on Friday when we were alone, something about..." he snaps his fingers in an effort to remember what it was Natalie must have told him.

"She wasn't the one they were after, It was someone else... I don't really know but from what she said... I've pieced it together and If I'm correct-"

"They need to use someone to get what they want" Bryan finishes the statement and looks pale for a few seconds.

"You won't let me have my moment would you?" Daniel says annoyed and staring daggers into Bryan's forehead.

"No" He responds simply with a smirk.

"If they were looking for something, why would they need anyone?. I mean they could just take it... right?. Also, what are they even after that's so important?" I asked immediately in order to avoid two siblings having an altercation.

"It's simple... as I was going to say before the interruption..." Daniel says as he gives a pointed look to his brother.

"They probably can't get it on their own because they don't know where this thing they're looking for is. So, they need someone who probably knows or can direct them to where it is" Daniel finished.

"I will be discussing with dad to enforce extra security around the house and also please don't leave without the security with you" Bryan says standing up and taking the folder he kept earlier with him.

"What if dad gets suspicious?" Daniel asked looking worried.

"I'll take care of that" Bryan replies and he leaves us in the office as he goes out to take a call.

Now we were alone.

Just both of us.

I stood up and picked the wrappers of snacks we had, including the drinks and tossed them in an empty trash can in the room. I packed the remaining files neatly and put them all in the office bag that could contain as much as anything.

All the while as I did this I could feel Daniel's eyes on me.

"I'm so tired" Daniel finally spoke as he stood up and stretched and a few pops could be heard. His shirt lifts up a bit revealing the white waistband of his Calvin Klein and the V-Line that followed. Him wearing a white t-shirt and black sweatpants did not help submerge the funny feeling i have in my stomach.