Chapter 66 - "Sometimes Papa Doesn't Always Tell The Truth" (Edited)

Texts in Italics are past events

Yes another suspenseful chapter

- read the author's note at the end -

BLAKE

My dad had hired lawyers to come talk to me to convince me to not testify against him in court with a threat to make my life miserable. Even in custody he still had power to make my life a living hell.

Mr. Ferreira found out about this on the first day they started coming to me. They disguised themselves as company executives. What's that saying again... Lawyers are liars. He immediately banned them from coming anywhere near me or his house in general and even filled a lawsuit against them. The lawyers Daniel's dad has hired we're really good as he got the ones at the top who won nearly almost every case they handled. They prepared me with questions and taught me how to respond to certain questions which will likely come my way.

The real Executives came by a few days to the court hearing to start making documentation of transfer of power of the company to me since my dad had willed it to me - I guess that's a good thing? - the paperwork were too many and my head couldn't focus on all of those things right now. I had to dismiss them till after the court hearing by then we'll know what further steps to take.

I knocked on the huge home office doors to Mr. Ferreira's office and at first I doubted he heard me from how thick these doors were but a few seconds later I heard a faint "come in"

I pushed the door open with a bit more strength than I thought. Mr. Ferreira was surprised to see me as he dropped the files he was looking at and stared at me a bit confused.

"Uh.. Blake. Is there something wrong?" He asks with concern laced in his voice.

"No sir, everything's fine" I respond still standing where I was not sure if I made the right decision to come here or not.

"Well then, you can take a seat" he offers.

I take steps of uncertainty as I sit on the chair in front of the huge desk that I always wonder how they are even set up.

Mr. Ferreira is patient with me as he doesn't say anything but quietly looks at me with a faint smile. I wish my dad was like him. Unfortunately, he's not.

"I was thinking about my dad's company and the future state of it..." I paused to see if they'd would be a change in expression instead it remained the same.

"I know with everything that's been going on... he won't be heading that company anymore and everything will be transferred to me.." I pause to take a deep breath before continuing.

"I don't want to take over the company" I say and he looks at me surprised but doesn't say anything.

"I would like to do my own thing, y'know?... pursue my own goals, focus on my studies and take a break from all of this for some time" he seems to understand as he nodded.

"While I do not wish for it to be run to the ground, I want someone who would temporarily oversee everything. I know there's the president and other executives but I'm not so sure about their pure intentions. I don't really know them as much and haven't done any background check" I admites looked down like a shy puppy right now. I don't know but it's just that Daniel's family had this gene or whatever that made them look young and intimidating with their looks at the same time. Mr. Ferreira was muscular and well toned for crying out loud.