Chapter 7 - Bearded Boy (Edited)

DANIEL

"...Yes the meeting has been scheduled for This Friday by 3pm..." said my dad as he was speaking to Mr. Peterson.

I skimmed through the hundreds of messages on my phone replying only to a few of them, most of them were really boring anyways.

"Have you set a plan yet?" My dad suddenly asks.

"A-a plan?!, I don't understand what plan?"

It was after I finished asking that question, I regretted it immediately because there was silence in the living room, my dad really took it seriously when it came to his business matters.

"You need to map out a plan, so you can secure a deal with Spark Inc. why did you think we've been hiring all these ass-, where's Nathaniel?"

"I don't really know, I haven't seen him in the last two days"
My dad turned the other way around and said something that I couldn't hear before turning towards me.

"I don't trust that man, he seems to be in this for the money only, who even hired him to be your assistant?..." He pinches the bridge if his nose as he remembers the person who screens them and all he does is to sign the approval.

"The next time he comes here, he's getting his things to go. and this time I will personally look for someone who's right for the job. I don't want to hear complaints from that person about you" he said before picking up one of the files on the table.

"Yes Dad"

"You may go, that's all" he said as he turned his attention to the file.

*

After the final whistle, I quickly went to the showers to freshen up and dressed up in the locker rooms.

"Jake!..."

A kind of familiar voice called out behind me as I was putting on my clothes, I turned to see Marc coming in.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know you were in here" He apologized and turned around. I could see his cheeks turn a little bit pink as he turned around to go.

"it's okay, I'm done already" I said as I put on my black jacket.

"Are you looking for Jake?" I asked as I noticed he was looking for someone. He did not respond but kept on walking.

The fuck, did this bitch just ignore me?

"Hey, I'm talking to you" I said as I walked over to him where he stood.

"I know you're talking to me, and I chose not to reply" he replied and was about to walk out but I grabbed his hand which was really soft and turned him around to face me.

"What the fuck do you mean by that?" I asked him he looked at his hand that was held in mine then at me I immediately let go of his hand.

"I only came here to look for my friend Jake and clearly he's not here, and if I don't want to reply you, it's because-"

"Marco-... oh I see you two are friends already" Jake said as he entered into the locker room.